EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 76 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Badge

Loading…

About

NEWSLETTER - ISSUE #3 - SEPT. 2008

You have questions? Contact us at EFL Classroom 2.0. View the online version here.
EFL Classroom 2.0

BACK TO SCHOOL ISSUE

Books Galore!

Our Scribd continues to grow. Please visit and find all the best EFL / ESL books for teaching. If you find something you REALLY like, use our Bookstoreand support our community!  Also share and comment on our EFL Resources / Share area!

We have a winner!

Our Blog Carnival was a big success, thanks to everyone who participated and voted.  Candace Harper's passionate cry to support ESL reading instruction won hands down and the blog BeThink will get 2 months of ads (once our ad box is restored)

Listen Page!

Teachers - please find all the best listening materials in one new, great location!

Pick of the Month!

Last month's Member of the month Ellen continues to amaze. Our pick is her own Voicethreads. Please visit and practice there. Leave her  a message. Thx Ellen!

What's Coming???

A complete Professional Development Page!  Project Peace! Stay tuned - all coming in September. Please look for some forum posts about these. We have 1,000s of members and I hope many will participate in a world wide student project!

Help Wanted!

We need "greeters" and others to help manage our community (like this newsletter :))  If interested - please let me know. 

Using EFL Classroom 2.0

Please remember to add to our Resources if you have something that's great.

Also, if you like (or hate) a video - rate it by clicking the stars!

Make friends, don't be shy. Remember to click on the icons if you see a green dot - say hello!

Need Audio? Go here!

Give Us Feedback!

Please let us know what you LIKE, DON'T LIKE, or WOULD LIKE.....moan and complain or praise. Please drop a line hereon the main discussion thread. Your opinion makes things better!

BACK TO SCHOOL - Get Dressed!

I hope that you are refreshed and ready for a new semester or school year! First year or last, there are always things to get ready! Here is a nice list of Dos and Don'ts for starting the year.

See Lessons In A Can for a lot of great ideas.

There are no problems, only solutions!

All members who've encountered some problems with the community, our apologizes. Ning to our regret, shut down a 3rd party provider of services and we were severely effected.  Drop down tabs will return - for the moment, please refer to the site map.

Learning by Chatting!

I really believe that students can use chat to great ends. Even teachers! The problem in the EFL / ESL world has been to create a safe, yet exciting and share place. I've found the solution HERE. Please embed on your own site and spread the word. Hopefully we can get enough people always visiting so that we can have a real EFL chatroom. Of course students can still talk with Dave and the gang!

Looking for a job - Use Job Universe!

We have all the best job feeds, updated hourly from all over the EFL Job Universe. Visit our Job Universe page. There is even a Job exclusive search box!

Member of the Month!

Varnika Kapoor is a teacher in India. She is full of ideas, books and insight - all gleaned from her years of teaching. She is getting "updated" in technology and we are glad to have her contributing. Say hello to Varnika and check out her cool page!

So Much more NEW!

Lots of new things on the network - please take a visit, comment and contribute. Here is just a few of the new items! 

* Check out the Picture Sets in our Resources! Wow, these rock and I spent hours collecting. A great way to get kids talking through pictures.

We've got diigo! Shared bookmarking. Join today and receive updates. Start sharing! You will find the new links daily on our Main page (scroll down and on the right). Click the "Webslides" button  to get a nice presentation of the sites. Here's one for member Larry Ferlazzo's Best of 2008!

We've got scribd. Join our scribd group and upload / share documents there. Thousands of the best EFL documents to help you.

Use our Jukebox! You can upload an unlimited amount of mp3s. Label them with your name first so they will be easy to find. Check out everyone's music!

*Tips for using EFL Classroom 2.0 . See many tips for making the most out of our great community! From remaking your homepage to how to find what you want.

Thanks to EVERY member - Big or Small.

"To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else." (Emily Dickinson)

Please Promote EFL Classroom 2.0!

Let others know and help us grow!  View the last issue here!

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service