EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 76 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Badge

Loading…

About

NEWSLETTER # 4 - OCTOBER 2008

You have questions? Contact us at EFL Classroom 2.0.View the online version here.
EFL Classroom 2.0

The Anytime, Anyplace, Anyhow Issue

More Resources!

Sadly, our Scribd area has scrammed. But don't be frightened! Our resources are now private to our valuable members - find them on mediafire. 

MediaFire - Free File Hosting Made Simple

If you find something you REALLY like, please, use  our Bookstore and support our community!  Also share and comment on our EFL Resources / Share area!

We're Growing!

EFL Classroom 2.0 is growing fast. Last month we got over 100,000 page views! With so many members, it might be good to have "classrooms" or groups by country? It will  help networking and communication. Take our poll and let me know what you think.

Prof. Development!

Teachers - please find all the best professional development materials in one new, great location! Take control of your own learning!

Pick of the Month!

Take a look at our TOP 10 websites for learning or teaching English. A great example too of Jog the Web.

What's Coming???

Project Peace, a world wide project for members will appear shortly. Students and teachers will be able to join together and make a difference.  Premiering on John Lennon Day. In his memory - see this to get motivated!  Let's Give Peace a Chance!

Help Wanted!

We need members to lend a hand. If you'd like to help - please let me know. 

What you can do!

Please remember to add to our Resources if you have something that's great.

Use the chat box to say hello and ask questions!

Also, if you like (or hate) a video - rate it by clicking the stars!

Make friends, don't be shy. Make friends in other countries and network. We can learn together.

Need Audio? Go here!

Give Us Feedback!

Please let us know what you LIKE, DON'T LIKE, or WOULD LIKE.....moan and complain or praise. Please drop a line hereon the main discussion thread. Your opinion makes things better!

Karaoke Videos make a Comeback! 

I'm very proud of how many teachers are using and loving karaoke in the classroom! It is the ultimate text to speech tool for language learning. Our karaoke page has expanded into Kool Karaoke. Vimeo now offers us high quality versions of the karaoke files. Try the dialogues or even the new Last One Standing song game. Your students will love it!

See Lessons In A Can for a lot of great ideas.

WIN A $100 GIFT CERTIFICATE!

Homesick? Feeling blue? Well, put that to good use and enter our Mixwit song playlist contest! The best playlist entered will win a $100 Amazon gift certificate. Entries must be submitted by Oct.8th. when the voting will start. Winner declared Oct. 15th. Here are a few playlists submitted so far; Michael,  Camille, David.

Learning by Voice Chatting!

We are getting more and more learners of English as members. So we will begin a weekly "chat party" in our flash chatroom! Sign up there today! Each topic will be a debate and held every Tuesday. See our calendar of events for details. Teachers welcome and I'll be sharing lesson tips also.  Of course students can still talk with Dave and the gang!  By the way - all members please help by adding your local events to our calendar! 

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you

This round of applause goes out to the members who've donated. Not many but that doesn't matter - it is the spirit that counts. Thank you for helping make community and valuing the work we do! Despite appearances, it doesn't happen by magic!  In Dec. I will give a full financial spread -- every penny stays in the community and we'll always have transparency.

Member of the Month!

Michael Stout is a wonderful university instructor in Japan. He has a wonderful student oriented blog and really contributes above and beyond the call of duty. Thanks Michael!  Say hello to Michael and check out his great page!

So Much more NEW!

Visit the 7th EFL / ESL / ELL Blog carnival. Lots of great info. and many blogs are from EFL Classroom 2.0 members. Use What's New to keep up to date on EFL!

* Check out our A/V player. We recently added all the Family Album U.S.A. videos as well as Schoolhouse Rock.

*    We've got Extra English. A great series for young learners/teens.

*  Use our Jukebox! You can upload an unlimited amount of mp3s. Label them with your name first so they will be easy to find. Check out everyone's music!

*Tips for using EFL Classroom 2.0 . See many tips for making the most out of our great community! From remaking your homepage to how to find what you want.

Lots of Conferences Upcoming!

Korea TESOL International (I'll be speaking on Text to Speech and Digital learning) 

JALT PAC 7   and the World K-12 online(free)      See our Events Calendar for much more and please add your own events!

Thanks to EVERY member - Big or Small.

"No one has a finer command of language than the person who keeps his mouth shut."

Please Promote EFL Classroom 2.0!

Let others know and help us grow!  View the last issue here!

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service