EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 76 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Badge

Loading…

About

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.

Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it in the classroom?

Also see all the Alphabet related books, all levels, on Gif Lingua Books. 

Alphabet Videos and our Alphabet Resource search

Students can study and learn the alphabet on EnglishCentral. Teachers registerand assign video lessons and track student achievement. 

This is my favorite Alphabet video.... I also used those phonics things/videos on the practice page in phonics. They are cool.

Views: 3860

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Daivd, or anyone else : ), do you know why, when I try to go full screen, it says Fullscreen is not enabled on this web site? It is just a ning slideshow... I made it from jpegs....

Also, is there a way to prevent it from automatically playing?
Yes, they do eat bees!

Yum, Yum.... :)

Ellen, you have to change the settings on your own site so this will play in full screen.That's my first thought but maybe Ning just makes it so ALL embed videos won't play full screen???? That could be the case and one more thing I don't like -- like the recent addition of the ability to email all your friends in one fell swoop. Sounds good on the surface but will just lead to a lot of "friend predation". I'll be warning members about this.... Sorry it won't full screen, that stinks for us in education . I'll look into how we might be able to do a hack to work around this...

David
I think I'm going to put the images into powerpoint, then use ISpring... so I can add sounds and links : )

The funny thing is, I can view fullscreen from the ALBUM page, when I click view slideshow. I just noticed that the youtube videos aren't going full screen either... ? And with Grave of the Fireflies, it plays fine full screen on my computer... but when I embeded it on EFL, no full screen! But if I play it from the actual video page (the page ning creates when you upload a video) it plays full screen. Maybe the problem is just when we embed these things in text boxes?
Getting back on topic. Here is the neat "Sign the Alphabet" that I designed. A great way to teach vocabulary and the alphabet - through TPR and ASL (American Sign Language). Read my write up for a lesson based on this in Lessons in a Can. These are also good pictures for making an "over the blackboard" alphabet banner. To print a powerpoint just click [ File - Print Preview - select X slides / page - Print] Then laminate and make your alphabet banner! Another beautiful way to make an alphabet banner is by going to Jan Brett's site. Just the most wonderful alphabet cards! Print and post! Thanks Jan, I've used these numerous times!

Nelosn,

Thanks again for your tips. Just play ABC GAMES WITH MY STUDENTS THIS WEEK.

Jude
I don't think I've mentioned this but in my esnips folder are the complete A-Z videos. A short video about each letter of the alphabet. Download and use/play.

Here's the one for Vowels

These phonics powerpoints are also useful!

Attachments:
No audio, but creative and cute... I wish I knew more about how to create animations!

Bembo's Zoo

Ellen,

Beembo's Zoo is great but I beat you to it :) See page 1 . I found and used it about 2+ years ago, I love it! But you presented it better than I did, so we are even.

Here's another animal alphabet presentation, to make my weekly addition...
A is for Animal..
I thought I had seen it before David, I even did a search before I posted it! (Still doesn't show up in the search box, even using the different spelling- I am thinking that the search function doesn't work on words that are also links?)

About the presentation... ever since I learned to embed, I just can't help myself. The feeling of being able to grab something and put it someplace else is just too good! I am an online kleptomaniac : ). Plus, I like to make 'em look at it!
Ellen,

I can't embed this one but I know what you are talking about! By presenting visually, it also makes it a better user experience and much more of a chance teachers will actually view and maybe try in their classrooms.

Here is KinderSay ( I found through Larry F. - who else?). This is their ABC presentation but also a lot of other vocab categories. I'll be making a post in the Websites of the Day shortly.
On the Educational Synthesis there are a great variety of alphabet resources including flash games, printables, lesson programs, worksheets, online activities, a printable pictionary, stories about each letter of the alphabet, and more:
http://www.educationalsynthesis.org/language/index-Alphabet.html

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service