EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 76 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Use of L1 in the ESL classroom

Started by Evanthia Pogiatzi in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 10. 4 Replies

Hi people, i'm doing a research on whether is good for English language teachers to use the L1 of the students or the target language (English) when teaching in the classroom. So i would really…Continue

Tags: teaching, methodology, language, l1

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 16. 80 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Badge

Loading…

About

I believe a lot in activities which are open ended and which challenge students to find a solution or come up with their own interpretations and thoughts. They use their own meaning to build. Call it whatever you will -- the jargon is immense (critical thinking, peer learning, task based learning, discovery learning, problem solving - okay, I'll stop there but could go on!), it is a way to not only learn a language but learn "something". That's what it is all about . We teach students, not subjects!

So here is a challenge for you. I'll be posting up more shortly or give us your own!

I got 5 out of 20 on THIS CHALLENGE - can you beat me?

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I got ten, but I have seen a few of those types of questions before.
No. Only 19. Well done David.
Yes me too Cristina. I've done other tests on that site, but in that one you have to click on the each language.
Oh man! I was so wrapped up counting the passes I did not see the gorilla! Wow!
The Winter Olympics are coming so here's a winter Olympic challenge!

Click here and take this 20 question quiz. Can you beat me? I got 11 :(
I only got 9 correct.
Ha ha ha!
I quit after the first two questions - I have absolutely NO CLUE about winter sports!
I took the quiz, and this was the result...

Are your loved ones plotting to eat you?

Created by Oatmeal

Try it yourself by clicking on the image... mmm, good
Okay, here is A WORLD CUP QUIZ.

I got 8/20 questions, 40 percent. Can you beat me????? (I'm starting to get World Cup fever)

I found another cool optical illusion site. Here's my fav. just a bunch of circles but but they appear to move!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service