EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

I am going to be using the Extra English Series in my after school class this year. I have set up a powerpoint that includes pre-viewing, comprehension exercises, and the videos split into three parts. I can send or post other episodes as they are completed if anyone is interested.   GET THE VIDEOS (and more)

Views: 1397

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David,
I would appreciate if you did post more episodes and the workbook! I'll let you know how the students react to this class. I will be starting this after school class only after exams are over.
Michael
Now Go here for the videos and resources of EXTRA ENGLISH!
Hey Guys, I showed one Episode of Extra English to first grade middle school here in South Korea (students are around 12 to 13 years old) and I found myself really not sure about the sexual connotations in the videos. Just looking for other opinions..... maybe I am being too old fashioned but they made me feel a bit too uncomfortable to show them which is too bad cause my school has the whole set and actually the students really liked it. What do you think?
Deanna,

My opinion is that this isn't an issue with the students. I'm sure it isn't that over the top (I've watched quite a few episodes). My concern would be for the parents or the school admin. What they might take offence towards. But in general, Koreans are pretty easy going about this sort of media censorship thing in education (unlike the cruel COPPA and other regs in the States). Can you ask a Korean colleague about it? I'll ask some teachers on Mon. for you - it will give me the chance to show them this - which is quite good for after school or camps.
Yeah, honestly the students don't seem to notice but it makes me a bit squirmy :( I asked some Korean teachers here at my school and there are mixed feelings. Let me know what your colleague's say if you get a chance to ask them. I only watched the first two, maybe they are the worst of the bunch, I'll check out later ones too :)
... the rest aren't as bad. That's a good word - "squirmy" I felt squirmy as well when using this resource. Despite this I thought it was a great resource.

Hi David, my friend and I are planning on using Extr@ English Series to  teach teens ESL,

I can't find the second workbook anywhere, wasted hours looking for it.Could you please help me out?

I don't understand why it's not very popular, it's such a great resource. I also wanted to purchase the episodes but can't find them anywhere. Tried downloading some from Youtube but the quality is bad and grainy, also wanted subtitles.I tried the Russian site but I'm having difficulty with it. I'd like to make the it interactive, any ideas? 

When we are done  figuring everything out we will post our materials.

Thanks,

Sophie

Sophie,

I just got home from the long weekend at the cottage. I'll look to see what I can find. I'm not so sure I have this around nor the videos. Find what we do have through the Supporters Area and mediafire. 

But lets see if I can find it - but don't count on it, from memory I think I was unsuccessful the first hunt.

Hello, I'm in desperate need for Extra English Workbook 2 and have wasted hours on the net looking for it. Please someone make my day and help me find it. Thanks! Sometimes we need to ask for help:)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service