I'm curious about how people find their jobs. If you have a moment, please just leave a quick reply listing how you found your present job. Also, how satisfied you were with it/the process....

I found my job through a company, Canadian Connections. Not bad, got the job a few days after an interview. Took 3 weeks to get the Visa. Never heard from them after that!

Tags: employment, jobs, recruiters, recruitment, visas

Views: 53

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I found my job through a Canadian recruitor called Foot Prints.
Through a job website. I don't remember which, but I do know that it was on a few.
Got my job through an advert in the local paper. The EFL community in Malta is very small so I had an idea of who I was dealing with. I have 3 interviews in total before getting the position. It is also a good idea to do a full background check on the company to know what you are up against.
Nice to see that people still get their jobs from a newspaper!

I got mine from a newspaper - The Globe and Mail. I had taken a leave from my public school teaching job and was going to do something different. However, I saw an interesting ad in the weekend paper and decided for the "heck" of it to apply. Bingo.... Haven't got back to my school board yet!

Yes - I really think that not only should we check out the employer/institution/school but also NEVER take a job anywhere unless they give you a reference of a present or former teacher who you can contact privately. That's my sane advice.
Word of mouth. I already knew several teachers who work for my university so it was an easy process.
Through a recruiter - ThinkOutside. Months of correspondence backwards and forwards, then as soon as I arrived, nothing, never heard from them again. Things worked out fine though.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

Visit EnglishCentral
Study Music

What We Offer

Get In Touch

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos