Learn About EnglishCentral              Teaching English Magazine             Read The Latest Newsletter               Support & Subscribe             TESOL Certificate

Welcome everyone!

I hope you will find a great community of teaching professionals here and in addition, make lots of new friends.

Let's briefly say hello here and introduce ourselves.......Use our Member's Blog Roll to see many great EFL / ESL member blogs. Also check out our members pages. ........ Also, if you find the community worthwhile - please leave a testimonial. Thx. 

Also, make sure to visit our SUPER MEMBERS.

My name is David and I'm a teacher trainer. Find out more about me on my page or portfolio site. Very interested in all sorts of teaching discussions and bettering myself in teaching. Particularly the use of internet and computer technology in the classroom. Passionate about ideas and the future!

Tags: introductions, members, websites, welcome

Views: 2197

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Everyone,

My name is Greg, from the States and just settling in to teach in Korea.

Hope to get lots of tips and resources. Hope to contribute what I can too. Also need to learn a bit about technology and education - looks good here!

G.

Hi everyone and thanks for the warm welcome!

I've been teaching English as a foreign language for 16 years now. I've been teaching English and Serbian online for the past 4 years. I'm passionate about creating digital teaching materials and language learning sites, as well as figuring out how to make the most of the various language learning sites and tools to engage my students so that they don't notice they are  "learning" :)

Dear members,

I'm updating our testimonial page. Please, if you have the time, leave one, either on the page or through the Facebook comment there. Thanks and Happy 2012 to all!

David 

Hi Everyone

My name is Lindsay. I teach English to international professionals in Boston and New York. I am also currently implementing cross-cultural training as a service for our students. I am passionate about cultural awareness, cross-cultural communication and the connection between language and culture. I look forward to sharing resources and exchanging ideas. Thank you!

Lindsay

Just updating this "Introduce Yourself" discussion.  

We now have a nice Welcome page so members can get the full idea of what's on offer.

Also, a lot of members are now discussing on our LinkedIn - ELT Professionals Around The World group. I'll be thinking of ways to integrate this into our community here. 

Happy teaching and learning. 

David 

How did  you get all those people to participate, David??

The discussions I checked out were great

Ellen,

I missed your reply and just noticed it in one of my not visited much gmail accounts. 

You know me, if at once I don't succeed, I try try try try try try again.  It's about not coveting (this place) and going where the action is. What's important is the connecting and not the control. But good that the LinkedIn is growing, we get about 200+ members a week, so it'll soon surpass here - however, this place will be where teachers can escape the blabla and get the goods. Just the way its worked out - different from out haydays of 2009 - 2010... 

I'll email you soon about the work I'm doing with EnglishCentral.  Also want to hear your news. I'm heading for 2 weeks alone to the Bahamas - to work on that book (you know the one!).  I'm realizing how important this time for self is... I'll give you a report on that sojourne soon. 

David 

Hello everyone one in the world,  My name is Lawrence.I am new too this site but not new to the world of teaching. I have been teaching to all ages of students from around the world, I am now living in the wonderful city of Kyiv. I am looking forward to all the activities from around the globe.

Lawrence,

Thanks for saying hello!  Welcome to the community and take your time browsing around etc... I always send a very comprehensive newsletter the beginning of each month and usually and update around the middle of the month. Try not to bother members too much with mailings and try to make them valuable. 

Enjoy Kyiv. I was there in 2000 for a year and part of the first Orange revolution (that didn't make the news but we filled the streets with protests and a tent city). I love the hills and river - lots to discover there. 

Very Nice Thanks For Sharing

Hi, I'm Victor. ROCK HARMONY SCHOOLS, OSOSO, EDO STATE, NIGERIA. Motto - Education for Dominion. Yap! That's the pre-school cum elementary I started ten years back. It's been great especially since it's located in a countryside! Got so much sharing to do concerning my education related ideas, experiences and hopes... Thanks for this site.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

Visit EnglishCentral
Study Music

SUPPORT EFL 2.0

Become A Member! Join Us!

Get In Touch

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…