3. Students do the attendance
4. A student holds the f/cs while the teacher drills
5. Students clean the classroom.
6. A Student asks what's the letter and what's the sound during phonics instruction
7. Students decide what objectives have been achieved and why
8. Students help weaker/struggling students.
9. Students turn on computers, speakers, monitors etc.
10. Students calibrate interactive whiteboards.
11. Choose English songs as classroom reward.
12. Give out points (classroom management system).
13. Turn on/off lights when watching videos.
14. Students walk around with open workbook to show other students the correct page.
15. Students act as the activity leader after the teacher models it.
16. Students create mini-flashcards for personal use.17. Students create physical resources for classroom use.
18. Students make worksheets or activities for other students.
19. Students who like to sing can lead songs by being the "Singer" whom the other students follow (give them a microphone)
20. Students can help the teacher with classroom rules such as "Sit down", "No Chinese" etc.
21. Students teach (why not? I had a student once in my Grade 8 esl class. She led the algebra class and did a better job than any teacher ever could - and the students really reacted well. I just sat back and drank coffee and prepped for Can. history.
27. Students encourage other students using English structures.
28. Students collect forgotten materials from other classrooms, teacher's rooms etc.
29. Students explain activities, homework, procedure etc. in L1 (in moderation).
30. Students can make copies of worksheets using photocopier and scanners.
31. Students can help carry materials to class if there is too much for the one teacher to carry.
haha why not indeed, thanks dduebel.
nearly there. jia you! 加油
32. Students act as hall monitors during breaks, keeping an eye on running students and general misbehavior.
33. Students can be time-keepers, whether it be for timed activities or for the entire lesson.
34. Students choose the team names for team-based activities.
35. Students can dictate reading for other students in listening/writing tasks.
36. Strong students can translate for other students if the teacher must know what a student is trying to communicate (in moderation).
37. Students can agree on activities as a group when a lesson plan allows such flexibility.
38. Students can set up the classroom before class and pack up/close down after class.
39. Students can be in charge of keeping the AC set so everyone is happy. "Who is hot?", "Who is cold?".
40. Students can look for late or forgetful students outside the classroom when class starts or after breaks end.
Students can challenge the teacher on the curriculum, tasks or anything else(only x challenges / week allowed - like tennis)
Students can redecorate the class monthly
Students can give the teacher a hug and maintain his/her humanity....
44. Students shuffle playing cards.
45. Following on from Kibuuka's #3, students can also do routine classroom checks with structures such as "Where is .....?", "How are you?", "How old are you" etc. while marking attendance, promoting conversation.
46. Students can police behavior in the classroom if the teacher is forced to leave it momentarily.
47. Students can open software/browsers/programs on the computer.
48. Students decide on the seating arrangements for the class.
49. Students decide what happens to other students needing classroom management/punishment (careful haha).
50. Students hand out and collect worksheets.
Contribute freely! I'm sure Malachy will bump the goal up to 500 jobs soon enough.
Oh my god you actually did it.
Congratulations. I'm going to keep a copy of these. I failed my previous task set by Malachy which was to come up with 20 interaction patterns (or was it 50 I cant remember). I got up to 15. Haha. Well done.
Though there was a little help.