EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

We have thousands of members and I guess I always assume that people know everything about what is here......WRONG!!!!!

I guess I am like a fish in water. I know nothing about water!

So I have made a series of tutorial screencasts to help members. Lots of tips and quick "how to"s there.

If you have some tips please add them.

I have 3 "no internet needed" tips for today.

1. Videos. You don't need an internet connection at school to play them/share them! How's that? Well, I really believe in giving teachers totally accessibility so after clicking A/V -- select the video and you'll see an arrow on the right. Click this and download onto the computer. If you have time, even do this before showing the video online. It is good backup! You now have a video to carry around and show whenever you want. No internet needed.

2. Youtube videos -- how can I get them?

Go to www.keepvid.com Enter the url/address. Press "Download". It will download to your desktop. Go there and change the name of the video to the name you want. Play, you are set. Alternatively,

Well that's all of my "no internet needed" tips. More coming soon.....Keep enjoying EFL Classroom 2.0 and keep coming here for more tips on how to get the most out of it.

Views: 262

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You can now watch Youtube right here on EFL Classroom 2.0. Click the icon in our footer and watch in a stylish player. 

Most of these youtube videos are samples of the same videos you'll find in our video directory, which has them in high quality. Still, a great place to get inspiration - I've hand picked these! 

Today's tip is about the Video library. 

Most members probably think the video section is just videos. Well, they'd be wrong. I'd say at least 60% of the videos have teaching resources or links for further information. That's a lot and I'll be concentrating more and making more time to make sure up to 80% are linked to strong resources for teachers...  This video on smoking  - is an example of how videos how other resources to suggest how to teach the video. 

"Like" the videos with resources - it'll help teachers find them!

Two new things to share today. This will REALLY help. 

1. You now can share a search url!!!!  Use the search box on our main page. Type in a tag. ex. "peace". You'll get this page   http://www.eflclassroom.com/search/peace   

You can copy this and share with the world!

Any time you want, just type in a url http://www.eflclassroom.com/search/"tag"   and you'll get what you want, what you need.  Of course, our more general search box at the top of every page is useful too. However, it is much less specific and you'll have to take your time going through the entries. The same with search boxes in VIDEOS / RESOURCES / BLOGS / FORUM / PHOTOS. They work fine but aren't searching tags - so they might pick up the search term in the text and it could be a casual mention.... 

Also note - the results of the tag search are in order as you scroll down the page - 1. Videos  2. Blogs 3. Forum 4. Resources 5. Photos  

2. Look for the crown at the bottom of the page. You'll see real time views of what pages people are searching and which are popular. It's really handy! 

Coming soon - you'll have to be logged in to download stuff. Just want to stop abuse and this should help a lot. Now that new members must be approved, we've conquered the spammer problem - this is the last frontier..... 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service