Learn About EnglishCentral              Teaching English Magazine             Read The Latest Newsletter               Support & Subscribe             TESOL Certificate
It is spring and that's a sign of bounty and abundance. So we teachers too should share some wealth, spread the love and joy and light....

So please post up any lesson you really enjoyed.

A link to your blog or to a webpage, your own brief words, a video, a handout - detailed or just a spark of an idea......

I'll start with my own.  About the apartment and teaching about furniture and rooms etc... Also practices prepositions.

1. Come in to class and draw the walls of your house/apt on the board. Under, write the target language - Do you have .....?  /  Where is your ....?

Get students to ask you about your "living space". Any questions are good but get them to notice/use the target expressions. As they ask, reply and draw in or print the names of things.

2. Give students the handout or just an A4. They draw their own apartment walls and in pairs/groups ask each other about their homes, penciling in things.

This is a full lesson and is just amazing! A REAL lesson. Part of the ebook I'll be publishing of student created content this summer!

Now it's your turn to share!

Tags: best_lesson, ideas, lessons, plans, resources, scc, sharing

Views: 30

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jenga- Buy the tower of wooden blocks from any department store.Write questions on each block ranging from simple to intermediate. Once a student has removed a block they ask a classmate the question on the block. Then that classmate replies and removes another block. The object of the game is each student has a chance to remove a block until eventially the tower falls.
That is clever & cute!
I think my favorite lessons were found on this website.

-The battle ship game where you create your own: Example:
I think ______ is ______ on the y-axis = noun and on the x-axis is an adjective.

I Think school is boring. Do you agree? Yes, I agree (hit) No, I don't agree (miss)

Or

Go Fish:

I like surfing... do you like surfing? (have surfing card you say:"yes I like surfing") (don't have it: "no, I don't like surfing; GO FISH!"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ddeubel.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service