EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

Here are some good reference books for teachers.

Books that help you think about teaching and learn about teaching.  

See all our articles about teacher English HERE.

Views: 343

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And a few more ..
Attachments:
3 more books of interest.
Attachments:
Dewey's Experience and Education is necessary reading on Pragmatism and education!
Attachments:
3 more interesting books -- Thinking Skills is especially full of great info. concerning the theories and frameworks that underlie teaching and learning.
Attachments:
This is my all time favorite book about teaching - Summerhill.
Also, these two books reveal the change that is necessary in education..
Attachments:
Some more very necessary books....Learn about managing your classroom and acquiring new skills...
Attachments:
A few more essentials. This one on Learning Styles is definitely a worthy read...
Attachments:
These biographies of the world's great thinkers are super! Available publicly now, from Prospects and international review, they are basic overviews and bios of many of the world's great minds on education. Here are the whole lot and a few examples.

confucius.pdf

aristotle.pdf

illich.pdf

rogers.pdf
Attachments:
Wonderful resource, David. I'm going to look into what else the UN Education site has to offer... really amazing what is out there!
Here are two books that I highly recommend. Greg Mortison's "Three Cups of Tea" and how he is transforming education in Afghanistan, one cup of tea at a time.

Also, John Taylor Gatto. He's an influencial writer and watch some of his interviews / videos to get an idea of the man. Former teacher of the year, he is now "on the outside looking in" and sees school as the real problem and an outdated industrial phenomena. Always interesting reading and thoughts.

Attachments:
I had the same feeling reading Taylor Gatto as when I read CS Lewis' screwtape letters.
There's this picture of Pink Floyd's Wall in the back of my mind while I'm reading it.
Still, I am a teacher...
These two books are quite well known standards. The Art of Teaching and 2 classics about CLT.
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service