EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 76 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Badge

Loading…

About

Find here a variety of games, ppt games of different types.

For the battleship games, a good way to introduce it is to play the whole class battleship game. It introduces the concept well. Also, you can use this Battleship game too!  Need trivia questions for Whiteboard Soccer - go here.

I often play whiteboard soccer with these games.

RULES:

Draw a soccer pitch on the board. A magnet will be the ball. Divide the class into two teams. Play a karaoke anthem (see the anthems on our karaoke page) and do the coin toss. Nominate a captain. Get a student to be the scorekeeper and move the ball.

Team keeps moving the ball if they get the answer right. 3 correct answers equal a goal and then change possession. Wrong answer and change ball possession. Hit students with yellow or red cards (penalty kick) for not raising their hands, complaining etc......

Your students will love whiteboard soccer, so simple but effective.

Views: 3444

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Rasinta,

We have a full plate of those on our games page if you like them......
I could not think of a fun activity for my oddball lesson of flowers in a garden and directions. Thankfully I clicked onto this site and thought I would do a variation of battleship, just changing it to a garden. The students were divided into two teams and had to guess where the other team planted their flowers. (I made 2 "garden" boards and some flowers and laminated them.)

It worked very well, super easy prep, but took the students a little while to figure out they needed to strategize!

Thanks for all the ideas! You're a great resource!

This is a number pronunciation game I made that works with students of ALL levels and all ages. Students come up and compete against each other as their team yells out a number, the difficulty is discerning between 13 vs 30, or 50 vs 15. Students HIT the correct number or number sequence and they get points. More instructions, rules and tips are in the PPT. Enjoy!!

Flash game - full screen

Attachments:
Past Tense Battleship with Irregular Verbs
Attachments:
Some handy premade battleship games I made.... See this post with instructions on how to play.
Attachments:
A few more battleship games.
Battleship time / actions past tense
Attachments:

some more battleship helpers!

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service