Find in this discussion, all the materials related to humorous stories, jokes, riddles etc....
Here is a start. Some nice jokes in audio and some exercises.... Also try Joke of the Day!
Read the book on Gif Lingua.
See the Riddles activity below to get students thinking!
Retelling is a powerful way for students to learn language. They retell in their own words and using the context of “the story”, acquire language. Here's one way to use the funny stories ppt that you can print out and give a slide/page to each student.
1. Photocopy the stories after printing and give one to a student (one of your better students). Ask the student to go out of the classroom and read it carefully.
2. Tell or read the rest of the students a story and tell them to listen carefully because if they guess the ending, you’ll give them a prize. Stop before the punchline and ask them if they can guess the punchline.
3. Bring in the student who is outside. Ask them to retell their story to the class, stopping before the ending/punchline. Students listen and guess the ending.
4. Then, the class takes turn to tell the first story, the teacher told. The student who went outside tries to guess the ending.
5. Give all students a story. Give them 3-5 minutes to understand and read, ask any questions about the text. Then, put students in groups of 3-4 and each student tells their story to others. Stopping so others can guess the punchline.
6. Give students in each group a number. The “1s” form a group. The “2s” etc… They retell their story a second time (and will do much better!).
7. Return to the first group. Students then must retell a story they were told by others in the last group!
8. Finish up by asking what were the best stories. Get some better students to retell to the whole group!
Hear r sum fun knee 1s cent 2 mee bye a call league.
The fattest knight at King Arthur's round table was Sir Cumference.
He acquired his size from too much pi.
I thought I saw an eye-doctor on an Alaskan island, but it turned out to be an optical Aleutian .
She was only a whisky-maker, but he loved her still.
A rubber-band pistol was confiscated from an algebra class, because it was a weapon of math disruption.
No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery.
A dog gave birth to puppies near the road and was cited for littering.
A grenade thrown into a kitchen in France would result in Linoleum
Two silk worms had a race. They ended up in a tie.
A hole has been found in the nudist-camp wall. The police are looking into it.
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization.
Two hats were hanging on a hat rack in the hallway. One hat said to the other: 'You stay here; I'll go on a head.'
I wondered why the baseball kept getting bigger. Then it hit me.
A sign on the lawn at a drug rehab center said: 'Keep off the Grass.'
The midget fortune-teller who escaped from prison was a small medium at large.
The soldier who survived mustard gas and pepper spray is now a seasoned veteran.
A backward poet writes inverse.
In a democracy it's your vote that counts. In feudalism it's your count
When cannibals ate a missionary, they got a taste of religion.
If you jumped off the bridge in Paris , you'd be in Seine .
A vulture carrying two dead raccoons boards an airplane. The stewardess looks at him and says, 'I'm sorry, sir, only one carrion allowed per passenger.'
Two fish swim into a concrete wall. One turns to the other and says, 'Dam!'
Two Eskimos sitting in a kayak were chilly, so they lit a fire in the craft. Unsurprisingly it sank, proving once again that you can't have your kayak and heat it too.
Two hydrogen atoms meet. One says, 'I've lost my electron.' The other says, 'Are you sure?' The first replies, 'Yes, I'm positive.'
Did you hear about the Buddhist who refused Novocain during a root-canal? His goal: transcend dental medication.
There was the person who sent ten puns to friends, with the hope that at least one of the puns would make them laugh. No pun in ten did.