Learn About EnglishCentral              Teaching English Magazine             Read The Latest Newsletter               Get Everything!             TESOL Certificate

Here are some good powerpoints and course resources which outline many facets of public speaking.

Find a full coursebook with multimedia for teaching HERE.

Also, use our A/V player. The folder marked - Presentation Practice has a lot of essential videos for teaching public speaking in the classroom. You can download them by clicking the arrow on the right of each video. Or stream directly. Supporters also get access to our EnglishCentral famous speeches ebook and video library. Dozens of famous speeches your students can speak.  Supporters also get the complete multi media ebook on public speaking. Or purchase here.  

I also recommend these HP You On You videos. Wonderful models. 

I also recommend you check out Speaking About Presenting - she has great tips and handouts.

Good and Bad ways of Making a Speech! (Full Screen)

Also view this presentation for lots of helpful tips/pointers!

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0

Tags: pecha_kucha, presentation, presentations, public_speaking, speech, speeches

Views: 1510

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here are some rubriks, peer / self evaluation materials and checklists for use when assessing a presentation or speech.

Persuasive Speech Peer Evaluation Form.pdf
Speech Evaluation Sheet.pdf
Rubrik descriptors.pdf
Presentation Rubric.doc
Attachments:
Here are some things that I find invaluable.

1. A presentation cloze sheet with recommended topics. Guides the student in writing/organizing their presentation.
2. Some blackline masters with answer sheets. Nice, clear activities. Could be made into a nice booklet.
3. Certificate maker. Just enter the student's names and click File - Print preview - Print and give your students a nice certificate of public speaking!
Attachments:
Hey Dave,

This is John Berisford. Long time no chat. I was looking at your public speaking file on mediafire ( by the way this site has grown so much. Keep up the good work!!), and the player "flv;" is that a player I need to download? Just asking becuase it won't save properly to my computer.

Thanks

John
Hey John,

Good to hear from you. No, .flv is just a flash video but you'll probably have to play it in the Gom player or Media player classic. Download and install them from our Software page. Don't forget, all the videos on public speaking are also in our A/V player. Either play from there or download from there (click the arrow and then download)

Just message me if you need any specific help. Get your students using the blank presentation form and making simple presentations and presenting first....this is a good warmer upper...

Yeah, I just keep doing what I'm doing.... for me not about numbers but just good people and good vibes. I'll be adding a nice page of "tags" which members can click and get whatever they need soon. It should help the searching...

keep on rockin in Daegu.

David
Hello David

Thanks for this. I teach Public speaking at my university,and I was looking for something . Thx. However, pls, do let me know if I could contribute anything from my part...

thx

Nava (Mehjabeen )
Here's a nice speech by Oprah Winfrey. A eulogy for Rosa Parks. I've included a vocab. worksheet and the transcript. Here too is a video of a student giving the same speech - her own version! Nice and slow and clear. But check out Oprah's by downloading or in the Presentation folder of our A/V Player.

Attachments:
This presentation is a funny way to help students think about good/bad presentation practices.

Also, find attached a nice set of jigsaw speeches for Kim, Dae Jung and Einstein. Both Nobel prize winners. Cut up and students must put the speech back in order.

Last, I've had lots of success using this song as an icebreaker - I Hate Public Speaking. Great text with pictures and a good way to start a lesson about public speaking.....

Attachments:
Here are 3 excellent activities to do with students. Each with an answer key and explained....

1. Angel / Devil -- practice using transitions to organize our thoughts
2. Presentation tips -- Rank tips on how important they are. Check the suggested answers
3. First World War - Word association game that practices making language automatic and helping presentation "spontaneity' in second language speakers.

This ppt has some good review of transitions and can go with Angel / Devil.
Transition Words + Quiz.ppt
Attachments:
This presentation (and there are a few others in this series..) is great for tips on presentations.

Here are some videos I've collected (also here in our videos and in our A/V player) that can be used for teaching about presentations.

This Rocky speech is sensational.  Here's a foldem listen in transcript you can use for teaching with the video. 

Attachments:

The Al Pacino speech from Any Given Sunday is great. Get the video clip HERE.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2014   Created by ddeubel.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service