EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 76 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Badge

Loading…

About

Let's share here, our song lyric sheets!  I will upload most of mine, many which go with the videos in the discussion - International Singers in English.  Scroll through the pages below.

Also see my 50 Ways to use Music In The Classroom for ideas. 

Here are the complete videos but for info. about each singer go to the discussion.  Also, in our videos tagged "lyrics" -  you can get a lyric sheet with the video and also activity ideas. Also, get our Glee Songbook with videos! Your students will love this and its perfect for a camp or whole course. 

Also get our Pop Song lyric book with music videos for all the songs.  All you will ever need to teach pop songs in class. 

Most of the time, I do a "foldem" lyric sheet. The student folds the sheet "hotdog" style. Fills in the left and after, checks the answers while listening again.....

Views: 11120

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A unique version from fans holding lyric cards -Love you like a love song - Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez. Why not make a doodle video like this? 

Attachments:

Daydream Believer. fun song and see the literal version - even "funner". 

Attachments:

A nice doodle video example. What Makes You Beautiful by One Direction.  Here's the foldem lyric listening sheet.

Also lyric sheets for Can't Smile Without you and Young Folks.  too excellent songs for using in the classroom for "can/can't" and "if"

Attachments:

Two great animated songs for using with students. Nice and slow, well pronounced language. 

Flightless Bird, American Mouth - Iron and Wine

The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson

Attachments:

A great song for teaching "IF"  - If you like pina coladas.  A catchy classic . Get students to retell the story of the song. 

Attachments:

The songs never end... hi David!

Hey all, I really really love the idea of doing this with my kids but I have a problem which I'm wondering if anyone can see a way around? I'm teaching in China and every week I teach 18 different clases with an average of about 30 kids a class. How can me, just one teacher collaberate this. I cant get my head around the shear scale of trying to do this with around 600 students under my wings.

Any brilliant ideas, very gratefully received. Im always butting up with this problem as with many great lesson ideas here you need paper or print worksheets which my concious wont let me do 600 every week.

David, love the the site...Draw much insiration here

I should mention I do have my own classroom with full multimedia, smart board etc

Thanks all

Sue

Hi Sue,

Lots you can still do and agree - less paper/photocophing is better. One of the signs of poor teaching that I've always used is an overheated photocopier!   

I think there are a lot of teachers in a similar situation as yourself and I'd suggest after choosing a song you'd like to do (and I have even in the past used a Request box where students can request a song for study) - start by playing Lastonestanding.   Choose 5 or 6 often repeated words from the song and play it. Students sit up or down when they hear their word. The students standing at the end win. Simple and effective for preteaching a song. 

Next, just put the doc/lyric sheet up on the whiteboard/screen. Students just need to follow along with the song playing (if not an mp3, just play a video and hide the image/video and use just the sound). Students jot down in their workbook , the words for the blanks. You can facilitate this by editing the lyric sheet with numbers.  Make sure afterwards to have some fun and maybe have courageous students try to sing the chorus . I usually play the song again and during the chorus, turn down the music to soft and have students in groups sing over it. Always get students to sing in a group, never alone! They won't hesitate in a group but alone, even if they want to, they'll end up getting teased so don't go there. 

Hope this might help inspire you!  Here's a new song - Anyway.

Attachments:

Day 0 is a great chant to use with students. Student just sing the "Daylight come and me want to go home". 

See the song in kinetic typography and also the film scene. 

Attachments:

Here is a lyric sheet for the classic/famous music video by Dylan - Subterranean Blues.  Students can do their own version with cards! 

Here's another text version.

Attachments:

A cool kinetic typography video - Portal's  Still Alive

Attachments:

The Monty Python - Lumberjack Song is hilarious and use with subtitles

Here's an easy to edit lyric listening sheet for the song. . 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service