EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 76 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Use of L1 in the ESL classroom

Started by Evanthia Pogiatzi in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 10. 4 Replies

Hi people, i'm doing a research on whether is good for English language teachers to use the L1 of the students or the target language (English) when teaching in the classroom. So i would really…Continue

Tags: teaching, methodology, language, l1

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 16. 80 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Badge

Loading…

About

Let's share here, our song lyric sheets!  I will upload most of mine, many which go with the videos in the discussion - International Singers in English.  Scroll through the pages below.

Also see my 50 Ways to use Music In The Classroom for ideas. 

Here are the complete videos but for info. about each singer go to the discussion.  Also, in our videos tagged "lyrics" -  you can get a lyric sheet with the video and also activity ideas. Also, get our Glee Songbook with videos! Your students will love this and its perfect for a camp or whole course. 

Also get our Pop Song lyric book with music videos for all the songs.  All you will ever need to teach pop songs in class. 

Most of the time, I do a "foldem" lyric sheet. The student folds the sheet "hotdog" style. Fills in the left and after, checks the answers while listening again.....

Views: 10989

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Up On The Roof is a classic Drifters song with a great beat... students will enjoy this cover version and interesting video with the song. Use with the attached listening sheet. 

The video might even work if you get students in groups. One can't see the video and the others describe the action (sound off).  Then play and have students do the worksheet.

Download for in class use.

Attachments:

Horse With No Name is a classic of American rock.  Here is a nice listening lyric sheet and video for teaching the language of the song. Or just enjoy!

Download for offline use.

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0

Attachments:

A classic #1 song of 1970.  Raindrops keep falling on my head.   Play and use with the lyric listening sheet. Ask students after what they think the song is about - eternal optimism despite setbacks.... 

Attachments:

You've got a friend - a classic song to use in the classroom. Leads into many interesting subjects. Slow and a perfect listening material. Use with the listening cloze sheet attached. 

/p>

Attachments:

Let's Stay Together is a classic Marvin Gaye song - also made a hit by Tina Turner. Students will  love it! 

Get students to first try and fill out the listening lyric sheet. Then listen and check and sing together. Stay together!

Attachments:

John Mayer's song - Say what you need to say will interest students.  

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0Download

Use to get students writing about what they think they need to say (and to who), before it is too late. 

Attachments:

Beautiful song, slow cadence by Oleta Adams. Use with listening cloze sheet and resources attached.

Also see the Gif Lingua book on ways to travel ...HERE.

Download the video.

Attachments:

A very famous song - Tears In Heaven.  Nice listening sheet. 

Students can read the book on Gif Lingua and study the vocabulary. Also teachers - register to get worksheets for this and all books. 

Attachments:

Classic Sting song that is great to do when the topic is New York.  

Here's a book about New Yorkon Gif Lingua Books + extra worksheets for registered teachers.

Attachments:

A nice song (but a little fast) about Galway Ireland. Ed Sheeran. Use with the attached worksheet. 

Attachments:

This is a classic - Heaven by Bryan Adams. Nice, slow acoustic version that students can follow. Ask students before to try and fill out the worksheet. Then listen,students can correct. 

Students can also read and study this book about Heaven on Gif Lingua.  Teachers register to get the worksheets and also to view videos that go with worksheets. 

Attachments:

Bryan Adams - Cuts like a knife. 

This is one cool song, lots of repetition for student practice. Use with the lyric listening sheet attached. 

Also students can read and practice language related to the word "cut" through these books on Gif Lingua. 

Cut - Things that cut. 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service