EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

Let's share here, our song lyric sheets!  I will upload most of mine, many which go with the videos in the discussion - International Singers in English.  Scroll through the pages below.

Also see my 50 Ways to use Music In The Classroom for ideas. 

Here are the complete videos but for info. about each singer go to the discussion.  Also, in our videos tagged "lyrics" -  you can get a lyric sheet with the video and also activity ideas. Also, get our Glee Songbook with videos! Your students will love this and its perfect for a camp or whole course. 

Also get our Pop Song lyric book with music videos for all the songs.  All you will ever need to teach pop songs in class. 

Most of the time, I do a "foldem" lyric sheet. The student folds the sheet "hotdog" style. Fills in the left and after, checks the answers while listening again.....

Views: 10860

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A few more...
Attachments:
More lyric sheets
Attachments:

Dear colleagues,

I work a lot with pop songs and my teenage students just love it. So, it's only my pleasure to share some lyrics/worksheets with you. Hope you find them helpful and useful!

Attachments:
Home - the national song of Singapore. Get the video here.
Attachments:
Some more lyrics. Including Neil Young (helpless) and Africa (Toto). Alphaville and more - from our Int. Music videos forum discussion and resources.
Attachments:

Hi David! Thanks for sharing so many interesting resources & ideas. I've been working with some songs with my students and created a google doc where I keep them in order to share with my colleagues so here goes the link, help yourselves ☺

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1evvKNxqc_D0xcSla0FbVnweS9tHU0cA...

Veronica,

Great stuff. I like how you offered up pre/post listening suggestions. And the songs are all topical/well chosen. 

You got me thinking I'll have to make a lyrics book for the best karaoke songs here! Along with the Glee songbook, would be a good addition. Karaoke is great for the classrooms that don't have good streaming video.  Thanks for sharing!

Here are 2 worksheets I use a lot in my classes.I love rock music and I usually use songs that students are not so familiar with. It's a great opportunity for students to learn about great songs in music history. The first worksheet includes: In my life, THE BEATLES, Behind the blue eyes, THE WHO and  Old & wise, ALAN PARSONS PROJECT.The second one includes: Simple man, LYNYRD SKYNYRD, Honesty, BILLY JOEL,and A spaceman came travelling, CHRIS DE BURGH.

Hope you find them useful!  

Attachments:

More song lyric sheets to share. Videos here too - just search in our videos. 

Attachments:

Veronica,

Thanks a lot. My students will really appreciate this. Your pre and post listening suggestions are excellent. I'm trying to work on some of my own which I will then post. 

Michelle Morissette  learningenglishwithmichelle.blogspot.com

A few more lyric sheets.

Attachments:

Some more lyric sheets.... 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service