Here's our Winter OLYMPIC page!
See the Olympic Project below. A teacher and student favorite.
Also try these books on Gif Lingua. Students can study the vocabulary, teachers register and download the books as ppts or epubs.
Get the Olympic BAAM game here!
Also use these two presentations for playing games / instruction and projects.
Olympic Heroes Blank / Answers
More resources saved HERE.
Let the games begin! See my previous Blog posts on the Summer Olympics: Part 1 and Part 2
This is a very inspiring and poetic promo video for Rio. One of 4 promo videos. the others are Respect, Breath and Counting Stars. View here.
Use with students 2 ways or both ways!
1. As a listening cloze. Play the video and students fold the sheet and fill in the blanks. Play as many times as necessary.
2. As a rewrite exercise. Student listen to the original with the handout. Then ask students to write their own version in the blanks, use their own words. Students can present and read out their narration in class with the video sound off.
Eddie the Eagle is a stellar movie! Worth showing in class but if you can't, think of just using the movie trailerand materials here.
Here's a possible way to use the resources.
1. Ask students what event at the Olympics they'd like to do. Ask what they know about ski jumping.
2. Play the subtitled version of the trailer. Let students enjoy it. Ask them to try to remember the story of Eddie The Eagle.
3. Show the ppt and ask students to make sentences for each picture in the story. Then show the example sentence and continue to retell the story.
4. Give students in pairs or groups the story cards. 1a - ask to cut up and put them in order 2b - ask to retell the story with each other. Or play fish with each student putting down a card and telling the story when they have a card which is the right order.
6. Extra. Use these vocabulary cards for a matching game. Or take the test.
Here are the flashcards and test for this movie / film lesson!
How do you use these files? They talk about Chinese Olympics which Chinese students already know about.
You'll have to be more concise. Which files do you refer to? The movie trailer?
Of course, if students already know the information, you might choose not to use the materials.
This is a really nice time lapse video of the city - Rio de Janiero. Great to show students and discuss the host Olympic city.