Feb 1 What are the qualities of a good teacher?
Classic, eternal question. This video outlines some of these qualities. This discussion also is a...
Jan 31 ALL OF ME- COVER
A great way to help students understand Down Syndrome and talk about disabilities. Use with the l...
Jan 31 American Football Vocab
Superbowl weekend! Here is a nice flashcard set for this video students can use or print the card...
Jan 28 Blue On Blue
Nice, slow, James Blunt lyric video that would be good for teaching questions, especially, "how l...
Jan 28 Using a Learning Target throughout a Lesson
Nice video highlighting the need for teachers to clearly define for students the objectives of a ...
Jan 26 Eyes Open
A wonderful example of a lyric video and reminds me of the all time classic in this regard "Alway...
Jan 25 Best songs for learners of English
Some tips for good songs to use in class. Also see our 50 list on this topic. Also other lists he...
Jan 24 At The Airport
Here are some resources for teaching the language used at the airport. This video is a good temp...
Jan 24 Checking in at an airport
A nice example of language used at check in at the airport. Get resources for studying this HERE....
Jan 23 Yellow Submarine
Here is a lyric listening fold 'em sheet for this wonderful Beatles song. Students fold in half,...
Jan 23 Thanksgiving Lunch 2014
by Melissa Mendoza ESL Delgado Community College
Jan 23 Accidental Teacher and Student Twin Day
by Melissa Mendoza ESL at Delgado Community College
Jan 19 The Weather
Here are a few powerpoints and a flashcard set to help teach weather terms and discuss the weathe...
Jan 19 Living The languages
I highly recommend these series of videos . Not just as an anthropologist and a teacher intereste...
Jan 18 Mid - January Updates
It's that time of the month - time for a few basic updates about our community. I'll be using the...
Jan 18 Discovery Commercial: Its an awesome world...
This is a catch video commercial by the Discovery Channel. Use with your students showing with or...
Jan 14 Top 20 EFL Classroom 2.0 Resources
We have a great community ! Pioneering, always fresh. So much to help teachers. See these testim...
Jan 13 What we do
by ddeubel Often us teachers forget the core of our job, that we are a hand up, a way to a better...
Jan 12 What teaching gives me
So often in teaching, we get caught up in ourselves. What we do and what we contribute. Me, me, m...
Jan 1 Community Changes In 2015
We have a great community which over the last 10 years has provided teachers around the world wit...
Dec 30 Free Taboo Game Cards for A1&A2 Levels
Sometimes, learning English can be challenging and frustrating. Learners can consider ...
Dec 30 Standardized Learning
One conclusion I've come to after years teaching - testing and assessment are poorly used as a wa...
Dec 30 *NEW Basic TESOL Certificate Course
I've recently overhauled and improved the Basic TESOL Certificate Course. It is now on a new page...
Dec 24 The PRESENT is your present
Wishing everyone a great holiday season with loved ones. I'll be spending a beautiful warm Xmas t...
Dec 23 National Mathematics Day is observed in In...
by Vishal Srivastav Answer to this question: National Mathematics Day is observed in India on whi...
Dec 23 A joke
by ddeubel Ah how powerful, how wonderful is language!
Dec 22 Have a good one!
by ddeubel Seasons Greetings and a great 2015 to all members!
Dec 17 Learning English with Pleasure: Alternativ...
Grammar books and multiple exercises are, without any doubt, a good old-fashioned way of studying...
Dec 16 Featured Resource: Pass The Paper Xmas Ca...
I love this simple version of the Pass the paper game . After the music stops, the person with th...
Dec 12 Christmas Dinners Around The World
by ddeubel Nice infographic about xmas dinners around the world. Print, cut up and give one to ea...
Dec 12 Letters To Santa
This is a great activity for Christmas! Why not have your students write a letter to Santa! He...
Dec 8 Holiday Music
Flash Player upgrade required…
Dec 1 Werner Herzog
by ddeubel School isn't the only place we learn!
Dec 1 A.S. Neill (Summerhill)
by ddeubel A necessary rethink about schooling/schools.
Dec 1 free games for esl
I have been using Articulate Storyline to create game like quizzes for three years. However, th...
Nov 19 Mid November Updates
It's that time of the month - time for a few basic updates about our community. Dig in, some may ...
Nov 19 Recent ELT Professional LinkedIN Conversat...
We have a great group of teachers sharing professional know how and knowledge on our ELT Profess...
Nov 18 Technology Trends Gradually Changing the S...
Few decades ago, it seemed as the educational system would remain stuck within the usual teaching...
Nov 16 Faking it
Today, my "much better half" insisted that our dog Chico could understand Korean. She showed me h...
Nov 14 Our School in Winterthur
by William Dobbs This is the home of our school, - wds, William Dobbs Sprachen, where we teach gr...
Nov 10 Anyone know best resources for basic to do...
I personally believe in helping the students by giving them a proper schedule for their homework....
Nov 2 Teacher to Teacher Webinar
I've long had a workshop fantasy. The fantasy goes like this ... I'm sitting at the front of the...
Nov 1 I'm a "Phonie", are you?
I recently had an experience that allowed me to peer deep into myself. Not often this happens to ...
Oct 29 Tips To Help Motivate Students From Your F...
Your first class will be tough. It will be stressful and the same thing will be repeated every si...
Oct 12 Teacher Burnout / Stress
One of my goals this coming school year is to be more personal in my writing/blogging. I know I a...
Oct 12 Mid Month Updates: Oct. 2014
October is going by in a flash! Here are some updates of what's coming up or of recent note on t...