EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

july

"More than just a reference"                    July  2010
Learning Revolution

Fellow EFL 2.0 Members,

More resources and tools to help you learn and teach! In particular, a new site map to make things easier - but much more! Also, changes coming and read my parting comments below. Thank you all for helping each other with ideas and materials. Wishing you a great summer,

David

Our new Site Map! and New Resources!
site map

Things just got easier on EFL Classroom 2.0. Our fully public (yes, please share and tell others about us) Directory/Site Map is now available. Use it for quick reference and getting the things you want on EFL Classroom 2.0.

I'll be tweaking it over the next month. So stay tuned. A cool shortcut to this page is to "click" the banner on the Main Page. You'll go directly to the directory!

Also, many new resources on EFL Classroom 2.0. Of note are:

A "Friends" page:  video clips plus transcripts to download and use in your classroom teaching.
*  A "Phonics" page:  I've gotten lots of questions about phonics materials so here you go! Everything you'll need.
A "Wallace & Gromit" page:  Probably the most popular video(s) and now conveniently placed/referenced.
A "How to - Screencasts" page :  More coming but find here short videos showing you how to use EFL 2.0

So many new resources - see the latest HERE.   The Elementary page  has been updated with some nice readers.

Video of the Month

This month's "hottest" is again a karaoke song! Don't forget all our World Cup resources!  Of further note -  A Close Shave, ever popular, begins as a new upload. An inspiring videoabout a man with no arms and no legs but lots of everything else! Calling all Angelsalso inspires while kids will have fun with the easy chant -I am a Pizza.

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0

View our whole directory of hundreds of THE BEST VIDEOS. Don't forget ourA/V Player and I'd also suggest our amazing TED Talks player! This month on Teacher's TV, I will be highlighting great teaching videos like: Half Nelson, To Sir with Love and Dead Poet's Society.

Flashcards galore!  
quizlet Our Diigo flashcard group has dozens of amazing flashcard sets for teaching/learning English. Come join us and make your own. See this screencast showing the features: play games, take tests - quizlet is amazing!

Teacher Surveys

Each month we will have several techer surveys . Please take a moment to click your response! I think they will be interested to others and a good way to share information about our own teaching environments. Here are the results of the first two surveys:

survey1

survey2

Ongoing Discussions and Highlighted Blogs!

WHY NOT START YOUR OWN BLOG TODAY? - Not only will you get readers, you will be helping fellow teachers. It's easy as just starting to write!

Please follow our Websites of the day  and #1 Series    Great teaching info!

Member of the Month
Donna Doerfler is a middle school teacher in S. Korea who has shared many resources but most notably her student's own picture created videos! Here's an example. Visit her page and say THANK YOU and check out her resources

Using EFL Classroom 2.0

Our search is now even more powerful!  Also, for any resource - just click on the tags to get taken to resources that are similar! Here's a screencast showing you how!

USE OUR COMMUNITY WIDE SEARCH!

What's coming up.....

Our language management system has been tested and is up and running!  I'll be holding courses there after the summer. But feel free to register and start your own class using this world class technology. I did a lot of research before setting this up for members who want to have a classroom online, track students and integrate their community with the tools of EFL Classroom 2.0.  

Efront is an open source learning management system and get all info. to help you here.  You'll find video tutorials and "how to " documents.  Sign up and use our Efront and start learning with your students today!

Parting thoughts about our community and Ning.

Our community is almost 3 years old! During that time, I've been managing it and paying for it. Not a lot of money and I do it gladly (about $40/month + time + $20/month for additional fees like chat, search, off site storage, server etc... ) Recently, Ning changed their policy and havedramatically increased fees starting July 20th. Also, no longer will there be free networks available and as these are deleted, we could see a number of links disappear on EFL Classroom 2.0.
I'll be trying to make sure there is no disruption and will reupload a lot of material for us. Still, I'll be doing a rethink about the costs of the community and the time I invest. It is working fine but I had hoped more people would step up to manage the community. Volunteers always welcome and I will gladly give the golden key to others!  But we may in the future have to raise operating costs together through donations. I think that with many paying very little, we could cover our costs without difficulty. I also believe that we have more value for your membership than even the most expensive "paid" sites.   I've started a forum discussion on this  and welcome any and all comments.

Please note - EFL Classroom 2.0 will continue to be free and updated/new. That's my promise!

Please pass this public newsletter on! Find here previous newsletters!

If you wish to post anything commercial on EFL Classroom, please read our Posting Guidelines

Contact Us

Add a Remark

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service