EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

january2011

"Our best chance for happiness is education - Mark Van Dorn"                        January, 2011
Happy New Year!

Happy New Year EFL 2.0 Members,

A new year is upon us and I'm sure it will have lots of surprises. EFL Classroom 2.0 continues to change, just like all teachers must change. Let's continue helping each other in the new year with ideas and resources for the constantly changing profession that is English teaching. Have a great 2011.

David

EFL Classroom News

We will have as usual, an open house the whole month of February! Please invite others and tweet what you think is great!

It is now also easier to use EFL Classroom 2.0 with our new bookmarking system. Hit the STAR in the bottom toolbar and bookmark the pages you like. Then find them easily every time you return. More details HERE.

As you might have noticed, our newsletter is now coming out the middle of the month. So please note that. It will be smaller and streamlined but still with valuable community information to help you in the classroom.

Testimonials.  Has EFL Classroom 2.0 helped you? Have you attended one of my training sessions, workshops, been one of my students or just benefited from a tool, app or webpage I've made? Please take the time to leave a testimonial and let others know about it - also, see our old testimonials!Thanks for all the kind words.

Video of the Month

Wonderful videos to watch on our community - almost 1.000 of the best for language teachers/learning. The video of the month is "United Breaks Guitars" subtitled and with a whole lesson and extras (this will be one of the highlighted video lessons in my forthcoming textbook - Teach / Learn). A close second was the xtranormal "Classroom Management". View it and find out more about this incredible dialogue making tool! 

View our whole directory of hundreds of THE BEST VIDEOS. Don't forget our A/VPlayer and I'd also suggest our new Youtube video player that has no ads and is searchable and of better quality than the regular youtube videos (too highly compressed). Perfect for no distraction teaching!

New and Recommended Resources

As always - many new resources! 

The former SETI teachers site is now renovated and open for business as the "School of TEFL". So much valuable content there and I just couldn't let it be deleted, so opened up my pocketbook and will pay for it and use as a social network for my School of TEFL online certificate course which will go online Feb. 1st for enrollment and March 1st classes start. See the new page of Youtube classroom training videos and teacher training presentations. A smorgasbord of ideas/inspiration.

Guess Who/What
is a fully editable game.Students choose a box and take a guess at the vocab.
item!

Other new resources:
New Audio Dialogues and Top 5 games Random Discussion Questions DiscussionQuestions SpintheQuestion ProustInterviews

Coming Soon - low cost eteaching rooms!

Video rooms I've been busy creating a place where teachers can get high quality, low cost eteaching rooms. We are almost ready to launch and get more information HERE.

Make rooms "on the go" and I think every school should have one.

Ongoing Discussions and Highlighted Blogs!

There has been a lot of hot discussion and content/ideas to help you in the classroom this past month. Take a look at these discussions and blog posts and add your own 2 cents worth!

Non Native vs Native speaking teachers  2nd Lang. Acquisition Question  Literature Reviews Favorite Movie about Teaching , Alphabet Resources

IN BLOGS - Website of the day continues to review so many great sites!  Roselink tells us about a wonderful new subtitling tool.  I talk about making an online profile  Maria shares thoughts and resources for animating stories.   If you missed it - read my Year in Review for 2010. I had a busy year!

Member of the Month and more...
Mrs Durff  is a teacher in Maryland, USA. I've bumped into her off and on around the internet, over the last 3 or 4 years (I believe it was her!), always being informed by her links and comments. Great to have such a dedicated teacher as a member.

Technology in the Classroom .

There are new tutorials on ELT and Tech - the go to wiki for advice and help using technology to teach languages. Always being updated too.  See the tutorial on Skype and also on Powerpoint and Moodle. Many more. 

Submit an entry in the next blog carnival!

The next EFL / ESL / ELL blog carnival will be held Feb. 1st by Alice Mercer. Please get your blog posts submitted and share your knowledge with other teachers. More info. on how you can do that here.

Recent EFL Classroom 2.0 polls

Please pass this public newsletter on! Find here previous newsletters!

"By learning you will teach, by teaching you will learn"

Add a Remark

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service