EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

June 2016 Newsletter

Featured Resource

Video Of The Month

New Resources
Invaluable Resources

Our free coursebook!

Dear EFL Classroom 2.0 members,  

So many things to share this month!  See them all below - free trials, gifs, worksheets, videos, ppts and more .... 

Besides what's recommended below, make sure to check out our Teaching English magazine and New Resources magazine

Happy teaching and learning,

David  

"When one teaches, two learn"

New & Recommended

1. Human Emotions

The concept of universal human emotions is a fascinating subject for language mavens.

I've put together the ultimate resource (but still a work in progress), showing these emotions. Can your students identify them? Can they state the equivalent in their L1?   

View the presentation and full blog post >>>

2.  The Olympics

They are almost here and I bet your students are psyched! We've updated all our Olympic materials, including new video lessons and ppts. Check them out and maybe add some of your own. 

View Here >>>

3. EnglishCentral Free 2 Month Summer Trial

EnglishCentral is used by 1,000s of the leading universities and schools around the world. ELS, OpenEnglish, ASU to mention a few. It's a full platform to assign content, manage students, get reports.  Summer is the perfect time for you to try out the full Premium product. 

I've designed it with the teacher and learning in mind. Not some mindless translation, memorization, grammar boring thing run by tech people. It's about teachers and supporting teachers. 

Get the trial code here >>>>

4. Gif Lingua

Hundreds of new books this month! Too many to mention. 

I really believe in the power of extensive reading. Why not make one school account, share with all your students. They log in and read. How much can you read. Check it out in our rankings. 

I'll be announcing a readathon for July and August and the top school accounts will win free ipads! Stay tuned. But check it out first. 

Click on the menus and settings - top right/left corners to navigate the site.

Here are a few books recently created among the 1,000s already leveled and available.   

Muhammad Ali Bio   |     Tongue Twisters   |  Things You Read  |    This Summer  |  Dr. Seuss     |   Purple Crayon  |  Olympics Books  |  Superpowers

5. Race: Jesse Owens

I made this as one of our Olympic lessons. It's based on the movie trailer and your students will enjoy the activities. 

View the resource>>>

6. New Blog Posts & Magazine

Every month we have many new blog posts and also a published online magazine. 

Our magazine highlights all the best posts about education and language on the web. It's a must resource for keeping update. 

Our LinkedIn group also offers great professional development opportunities.

New blog posts:   Top 10 reasons to use music  |  Using Dubsmash    |  Making Manifestos   |   Easy Listening: Using music

What's More.....

Want to get notified whenever there is a new resource posted?  Just add your email address here and you'll get updated by email!

Also, see all our recent resources, blog posts and  recent videos

Get all the latest updates with these links below! 

Recommended Videos |  Lesson A Day  |  What's New  |  Leaderboards

Missed the last newsletter?  - Get it here

Keep updated with our weekly magazine: Teaching English