EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

september2010

"Making a Difference"                         Sept 2010
backtoschool

Dear EFL 2.0 Members,

I hope everyone is enjoying the start of a new school year or semester. Time flies and there is always a lot to do.  My only words of advice are to keep making a difference, teaching DOES matter.

Lots new on EFL Classroom 2.0 and I look forward sharing with you and your students all the joy of learning and making each new day better than the one before.

David

Top Content - New Navigation
site map

We now have new navigation tabs at the top of our network. I hope members don't mind the change - I know it will take a little time to get used to it.

The biggest change is the "What's New" tab. See the Top Content there, telling you what's hot and recent on EFL Classroom 2.0. Please post up your own recommendation  and try our Wallwisher. Any suggestions about the changes, most welcome! It is always an effort to try and keep members finding what they need. Please see our handy screencasts to help too!

Video of the Month

August was a slow month all around - especially on the video front. However, hands down "Words" was the winner. Get some nice lesson materials to teach with it! Also worth mentioning are the video contributions of member David Wilson and the student created video 'Waka Waka" of member Dani.

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0

View our whole directory of hundreds of THE BEST VIDEOS. Don't forget ourA/V Player and I'd also suggest our amazing TED Talks player! This month on Teacher's TV, I will be highlighting great teaching videos like: To Sir with Love, Pay it Forward and School of Rock.

ELT and TECH

carnival

This technology tutorial wiki marches on and I've had lots of nice responses about it! Lots of great tutorials and I'm glad others are using it. I will continue to build it - keep revisiting. A wealth of information on using technology in the language classroom.

Of course, still lots more about technology on EFL Classroom 2.0. In particular see.

Our technology videos :  video about all kinds of technology issues.
*  Our professional development page - more videos and tutorials
The Teacher Training presentation page - many presentations about tech issues.
Our technology resources .

Surveys

This month we surveyed members on EFL Classroom 2.0.  I have been considering new ways to get us having some "google ranking" and making some content public. However, it was overwhelming, most prefer us to be a well kept secret so we will continue down that path! Lots of positives to it. Please see the current poll  and vote on our main page. It's an interesting one!

survey1

Back to School Suggestions

Please see my recent blog post with lots of "goodies" for back to school.

I also highly recommend our growing Quizlet sets of online flashcards. The largest online, all free and your students can access them after class, no registration needed. Print them too.

Why not get your students started using English Central. I've been involved with the teacher's area of the site and you can sign up and track students easily. They will love it!

Also, WHY NOT START YOUR OWN BLOG TODAY?
- Not only will you get readers, you will be helping fellow teachers. It's easy as just starting to write!   Get inspired and see the new look of our "Random ELT Blog Generator". Thank you David at Triptico for the help. You are a gentleman beyond reproach.

Please follow our Websites of the day  and #1 Series    Great teaching info!

Member of the Month - Anthony Teacher
 Anthony Teacher gets the nod for sure! He's been a great member for awhile and further, has one of the best, most student centered websites/pages I know. Please take a look and thank him on his homepage. I'll also note - Jessica Shailes, last month's pick has started her own site. Please take a look there too!

Using EFL Classroom 2.0

Why not use our "cloud" search to find what you want on EFL Classroom 2.0?  Also, of course, our unique tag search. Remember when you post content to add tags! 

USE OUR COMMUNITY WIDE SEARCH!

TEFList - the Web 2.0 job site is HERE!

You will notice a little "advertising" on EFL Classroom 2.0 this month. We've never had any (what you saw was "promotion" of sites I really valued). TEFList is a job site that I've put heart and soul into - I really can say that I do know the ELT Job market and think TEFList is just what it needs. Please check it out and tell your friends/colleagues.

I ask for your support because it now costs a lot more money to run EFL Classroom (not counting the time I and others lovingly give). TEFList is a way to pay for our free community and you can contribute. Set up a profile (you can deactivate it) and promote in any way you can. I promise, it is a great idea. Further, please anonymously contribute to our Job Directory . Providing basic info. about your present or past ELT job will help teachers looking to teach in your neck of the woods. Teachers helping teachers.

All new members with profiles will receive the new ebook -Zen and the Art of Teaching.!   Consider buying a hard copy and helping out EFL Classroom 2.0.   It is a reflective writing journal for practicing or inservice teachers. A great way to do some professional development  and discovery of self.

Parting thoughts about our community.

When I think of EFL Classroom 2.0, I always think of that story, "The Little Engine that Could".  So many told me it wasn't possible, so many doubted but I kept plugging away and more and more joined the chorus - the song of free resources and sharing grew in sound and beauty. My smile keeps growing when I think of it.

I'll be moving on to many new things but I'll always be here in the background, keeping the fire burning. I hope you all will continue throwing wood on the fire. Education is better for it.

Please note - EFL Classroom 2.0 will continue to be free and updated/new. That's my promise!

Please pass this public newsletter on! Find here previous newsletters!

If you wish to post anything commercial on EFL Classroom, please read our Posting Guidelines

Contact Us

Add a Remark

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service