** Not your ordinary endless list - just what's number 1. Simply THE BEST.
Mr. Morton is the Subject of the Sentence
This video is from Schoolhouse Rock ( Get all of them on EFL Classroom 2.0 in a handy player HERE). It was made in the late 70s to "reinvigorate" students and learning. A way of connecting with disenchanted students (sound familiar?????).
This video rulzs!!!!
1. Get students to rewrite the lyrics.
ex.. Mr. Morton _____ down the street
Mr. Morton ........ to Pearl. etc...
2. Get them to watch and note 7 verbs. After, retell the story using those verbs.
3. Make a comic book / story board.
-- fold an A4 blank piece of paper hamburger/hamburger/hotdog/hotdog (that's primary school teacher talk for vertically , vertically, horizontally, horizontally). Then in each of the 8 boxes, draw a pic and write a sentence about Mr. Morton.
4. Role play Mr. Morton - especially when he meets Pearl!
5. Use these listening cloze and worksheets. Download PDF
Need I go on???? This video rulzs and is beyond #1. Based on the earlier story by the NFB of Canada - George and Rosemary. A classic that won an academy award! Get this on EFL Classroom too with a nice ppt for teaching! My longer list of best videos might also interest you!
Add a Remark