EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Music

Loading…

Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Badge

Loading…

About

louis armstrong What a Wonderful World

A classic song for use in the classroom.
See more Traditional Karaoke on our Kool Karaoke page.
Traditional Karaoke page Also, get the Power point of this song for use in class . Also a nice Change the lyrics sheet for this song. Here's a Flash Version

Views: 1372

Favorite of 7 people

Supporter
Comment by Maria Jose on October 10, 2008 at 8:31am
I always use this song in my classes for adults at the end of the course in the lower levels, they enjoy it a lot. I also use "don't worry, be happy", have you got it?

Supporter
Comment by Ellen Pham on October 10, 2008 at 12:26pm
Hey david, I'm going to put this up on my english class right now! Thanks :)

Supporter
Comment by Francisca Wentworth on December 3, 2008 at 10:13pm
I love this song. However, there is one line in the video that is incorrect. Where it says "The dogs say goodnight". I thought it was a joke at first. The real line is 'the dark sacred night". Our students are currently learning this song for our yearly holiday recording.

Supporter
Comment by ddeubel on December 7, 2008 at 12:34am
Francisca,

It actually is and isn't "wrong". He recorded both versions and I thought that version worked best for vocabulary and to add a little humor into the song. The original lyrics are as you mention -- "the dark sacred night". But I like to think of jolly Louis Armstrong as having a sense of humor! But thanks for letting others know...

Varnika,

Glad people are enjoying it. It is the simple songs that are many times the best....

Supporter
Comment by MERIEM on December 8, 2008 at 5:00am
what a wonderful and positive song ,it makes any one feel that he is lucky to be part of this world.

Supporter
Comment by ddeubel on August 30, 2011 at 1:46pm

My Teach | Learn techbook is full of great lessons plus loads more printable activity sheets. Become a supporter to get it and more....

Here's a lesson example that uses this video/ppt!

Supporter
Comment by ddeubel on April 21, 2013 at 3:34am

Here is an amazing video from playing for change. 

Add a Remark

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service