EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 74 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Use of L1 in the ESL classroom

Started by Evanthia Pogiatzi in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 10. 4 Replies

Hi people, i'm doing a research on whether is good for English language teachers to use the L1 of the students or the target language (English) when teaching in the classroom. So i would really…Continue

Tags: teaching, methodology, language, l1

Badge

Loading…

About

All Discussions Tagged 'reading' (13)

Discussions Replies The Latest Stuff

Supporter

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter. Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it in the classroom? Also see all the Alphabet…

Started by NEWS NOW

74 Sep 19
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

Summer Reading: Books by teachers about teaching

I recently was contacted by a fellow English language teacher about promoting a book he wrote. I'm always happy to help and will buy it and…

Started by ddeubel

0 Jun 12, 2012

Supporter

Reading

Of all the resources I've produced over the years, this one has been amongst the most popular: http://strangenewsstories.eslreading.org/str

Started by Kieran McGovern

0 Mar 28, 2011

Supporter

Enter our Tarheel Reader contest! $$$$

I love the Tarheel Reader! In order to get more teachers going there (and most importantly - sending their students there!), I'm offering u…

Started by ddeubel

19 Sep 7, 2010
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

Books, Books, Books, Books - recommend and share!

It's summer and I thought it would be great to share books we'd recommend. Leave a note about why you like the book and recommend it.  This…

Started by ddeubel

11 Sep 2, 2010
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

The Power of Read Alouds

Has a dog (or other animal) ever been your best friend? It's been that way for me, sometimes. For Sherman Alexie, too. Listening to this ex…

Started by Ellen Pham

13 Jul 9, 2009
Reply by Ellen Pham

Supporter

Reading website for teaching dyslexic students has broader use

http://www.readingresource.net/strategiesforreadingcomprehension.html I logged on to the following website and found that many basic strate…

Started by dogpile

3 Jun 29, 2009
Reply by Jurgen Germeys

Tar Heel Reader to teach spelling

I thought i would post something here about some materials I am preparing for my students in the coming year - even though they are almost…

Started by Laura Gibbs

4 Jun 26, 2009
Reply by Laura Gibbs

Teaching the Long Reading Passages from the Text Book.

These are almost any foreign teachers nightmare. I used to dread those long reading passages. Lately I've been thinking of ways to make the…

Started by Headrick von Pizza Head

5 May 15, 2009
Reply by Beth Evans

Supporter

What blogs do you read, and why?

I don't read any blogs religiously, even my daughter's. Mostly I prefer the discussion forums I read on my nings. I like that feeling of co…

Started by Ellen Pham

16 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Ellen Pham

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service