News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

About

Hello All,
We are a class of fourth and fifth graders in Michigan, USA. Our assignment was to get a phrase of family importance and share it, hopefully in English and another language. The phrases people found are typically proverbs, sometimes original family expressions. We'll be writing our family phrases here, and invite you to share some, too. Not sure how we'll get them written in other languages, but we'll try! Please join in!

Others on EFL have a phrase to share?

Downloads: 462

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

FAMILY:

F ather
A nd
M other
I
L ove
Y ou
Wonderful, Vincent! My students will be happy to see that. They should be getting on today and sharing some phrases. Some are hand-written in several languages; will have to scan those. It'll be fun!
Hey Everyone! I am Deenz! My family phrase is Never Give Up (in english)! This is how it is said in Spanish - Nunca Dé Para arriba El!!!!! I am so glad that I am part Colombia. (I am also Egyptian). There it is!
HI! This is Arvan. My family phrase is, " It's a good thing your head is attached." My family says it in English, but my mom is Chinese, and here is the translation. The "pinyin" is zhè shì gè hǎo shì nǐ de tóu jiā zài nǐ de shēn shàng 這 是 個 好 事 你 的 頭 夾 在 你 的 身上.
Hello, I'm Raesuesis from Connie's class. My family phrase is Go With the Flow. Translated into spanish it is Vaya Con el Flujo, German, Passen Sie zum Ablauf, and in Russain, Пойдите С Потоком. There you go!
Hi everybody, this is DJ Twilight. I have 5 family sayings!
The first one is in Hebrew: Koulanou Haverim!. English: We are all friends!
The second one is in Arabic: Yom asal Yom basal. English: One day its honey, One day its onions.
The third one is in Greek: Kane to kalo ke riksto sto yalo. English: Do a god deed and throw it in the river.
The fourth one is in French: Apre moi le deluge. English: After I get out, let it rain!
And the fifth one is in Arminian: Haye run Kides kor? English: Do you speak Arminian?

Thats it!
Nice work, class! Keep going! You are ahead of me in figuring out how to get multiple languages going! Fine work.
Hey Raesuesis, this is Licorice. I was just poking around on my translation widget on my dashboard, and i typed in "go with the flow" to translate to german, and this is what I got:
Gehen Sie mit dem Fluß (actually means go with the river but close enough)
This is what Passen Sie zum Ablauf means (from my widget as well):
Fit for execution!!!
But for some reason there is another sentence for that too!
Who knew?
See ya!
-Licorice
Get your elbows off the table is my phrase. I tried to to translate it into Gaelic but couldn't. Does anyone else know? If you do, could you please tell me.
Well who is this? You have to tell us!!! Use your screen name though!
-Licorice
I'm Radon. My phrase is Co za dużo to nie zdrowo. Translated from Polish to English, it means Too much is not healthy.
Im Aj
this is my phrase does money grow on trees

(this Phrase was in farsi)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service