News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16, 2019. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20, 2019. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27, 2019. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

About

I just want to let members know a few things without an intrusive email.

1. Lots of new features now on ning and forthcoming. See them here on the screencast about them. They include seeing who is online with you, control of friend messages and more ways to stylize your homepage, as well as ways to link to your facebook and blog directly, one click.

2. I've uploaded much more onto our mediafire account
ID. eflclassroom@mail.com
PW. eflclassroom

I apologize but the PW got changed and you might not have been able to access. Please upload there to share and store. Go to the ESSENTIALS folder to download all the essentials you'll need to start up your ESL/EFL classroom. I've provided all and my own teachers have love the disc I've provided. You'll have to do the hard work and download! But it is worth the effort, and GOLD. You can find this all on the batcave but here it is in one bunch to save you time.

3. Our buzka site is loaded and ready. A great library of links for new teachers. All the necessary sites to get you started teaching and doing great stuff in your classroom. If you wish to add a site to our library, that would be great. Simply download the buzka button for your computer. Press it when you visit a cool site. Click the folder (spot) you wish to put it in and it's done! No need to go elsewhere, we have all the sites here! If possible, start a spot for your own country related sites like I did for Korea. But this is great technology and really interactive, you view the site in real time....

4. See our site members sites. Joshua has great videos, Susan, great buzka links and Larry, a great blog about what is new in ESL / EFL. Members to be proud of!

5. Members have asked me about downloading videos. I have almost all the videos on this site, in my video folders. Go to the batcave and click the video sites. If you can't find them, just give me a shout and I'll direct you to the place you can download them for use and big screen viewing! Look for a new and improved batcave later in Sept!

6. I'm also going to be putting up some more quizzes in the weeks ahead. Come here, for additional quizzes or if you missed their mention on EFL Classroom 2.0 I just finished a very insightful quiz on co-teaching but also on classroom management, learning styles and teaching styles. I'm working on an interactive one for the MBTI - but having a helluva time!

Keep on sharing and I appreciate all your feedback and sharing. Let me know what you'd also like to see on buzka. My own wish and coming soon I hope, is an embedded player so I can show .swf flash files for use in your classroom!

Cheers,

David

Downloads: 71

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to add a few more things!

If for some reason, you haven't got an invite to my powerpoint folders/materials. Give me a buzz, PM! I'll send it toute suite.Also note that when in your profile you leave an email address, IT REMAINS 200% PRIVATE! So don't worry about that, please.

I'm really busy with new courses, other prof. development stuff but hope shortly to send all new members a welcome message!

If you want to start a group go ahead. Note we have 3 groups already and I'll be posting material for them all and soon they will have additional features for their members. Join them if they apply to you!

Also get the word out to other teachers. It will benefit them. Set up your own homepage, some members have done super jobs! See this for a great and simple example. Load up your own music for other members to sample. Also note, if you want to put up photos but not have them on the main page, go to the Photo link and set up your own album and load them there. Then you have your own photos only on your own page.

Get an EFL Classroom Badge! Get the code and put on your my space/facebook/website. Also if you have a blog elsewhere you can feed it directly to your homepage! So write one and it appears twice!

If anybody has ideas for the site , something they;d like changed, please let myself or Susan in Israel know. For the moment we are looking after things and we will do anything to help.

All new members, again welcome and when you have a moment, use the introduce yourself thread and let us know more about you!

Happy teaching,

David
More new things happening on NING! See the screencast here.

Also, please be patient this week with the site. I'll be experimenting and WE HAVE NOW GONE PREMIUM! Meaning, no more annoying ads, we are legit and here to stay. Bought and paid for.....Congrats to all members who have made this happen as members, browsers, users and supporters.

I'll be experimenting with ads and widgets which might help or hinder our site. Give me some feedback if you have the time. Also, I'll be keeping ads to a minimum, just to see if they can give us some revenue. Any hints or advice about this very much appreciated! I'm new to this and trying my best.

Look forward to an EFL Classroom makeover and also better chat capabilities between members. Also, I'll be putting up a screeencast to help new members shortly. (I made one last night but it was toooooo long but Camtasia rocks as a screencast application!). Please promote EFL Classroom 2.0 with a badge and a shout to friends - let's keep building an involved, classroom teaching centered site and home away from home for EFL teachers all over the world.

Cheers,

DD

Find more screencasts like this on Ning Network Creators
David,

Thanks tor all your hard work. Been scanning the website _____it is of great help to me in my teaching.

JUDE

Jude thanks for the kinds words. It is all kinda like a dream, taking the cork out of the bottle. Just being and flowing and sharing what I know....Hope you find lots and contribute a bit. That will be plenty!

Some other things to declare to members.

WE GOT CHAT! Not meant as anything involved but rather, a place if needed, you can meet a friend and chat and talk teaching projects/classes out.... Also a place you might invite your class for a chat. Tell them when you will be on and then see who shows up! EFL Classroom 2.0 isn't just for teachers but I really want teachers to let their students know about what's here and let them browse, learn, interact.

DIRECT TO THE BATCAVE! Just click the "resources" tab and you are there. By X-mas, i'll have a fully functional passworded site for only members. Still some extras for others but something that will be really searchable and dynamic, to help you teachers get what you want, when you want it. Also, a place for you to contribute your materials.

STEAL MUSIC! Yes, easy to do. I just stole "Boy inside the man" from Trevor's player. COOOOOOOL song. First, get yourself a nice player on your homepage. Then upload something. Then browse other members, say hello, say you are stealing and luv their toons. Then click the little arrow and download and play. Awesome! I want to know who has the best music sense here!

NO MORE ADS! Well, yes there are but just a few. We are premium and along with that top service we don't have a long list of ads and can use the right side of the site for content. I'll keep the ads at the top , small box on the right. Very specific to teaching and meant to help members -- that's what ads should be. Not obrusive garbage! So click and use if you wish....

POLL/Survey -- please let us know what you like/don't like. Look at the thread with the poll link or look on the right sidebar. Complete it, it just takes seconds. This will really be helpful.

SOOOOO MUCHHHHH MORE>>>>>>> Yes, more coming and keep posting and sharing your own teaching ideas and materials.. It helps immensely. I hope at the upcoming KOTESOL conference, we can have a meeting of EFL Classroom members. I'll have some cards for you to send around and yes, that's right. Tell others about us. Always good to have more members with a wealth of value/experience. More members mean more content/ideas, more stimulation and better teaching for your students at the end of the day...

Take care, more later. Happy teaching and hope everyone is settling in fine......

David
"live simply, simply live."
Just an update to members about a few things.

1. We now have categories for discussions. When you start a new forum discussion, you can tag (put in the important indexing words - very helpful for searching the site and remember, we are helping teachers who come after us, so this is important I feel) but also now put the conversation into a category by using the drop down menu.....

2. If you like a video or photo/album, please rate it! This will help others in searching and also if we ever have to "cull" them....

3. Karaoke videos. I'll keep up the Vimeo streaming box of videos. Click the full screen to view them instantly. Several people have been confused at how to download these! So here are the steps.

A) Go to http://www.vimeo.com/eflclassroom/albums (click below the videos) or just click the link below the individual video. Find the video and enter our password : eflclassroom

B) scroll down and at the bottom right you will see a download buttom. Usually in either AVI or WMP

C) Pocket and Play!

Note -- if you have a reliable internet connection in class, you can just use the main page. Find the video and click big screen. Should be fine and I like Vimeo for this smooth streaming ability.

Once again, get the word out and promote the site. Great way to share our teaching life and make our jobs easier..... get a badge, put us below your signature, email friends/colleagues, promote at conferences, link to other websites and messageboards.

Happy teaching,

David
I'd just like to let members know about one more way to spread the word about EFL Classroom to fellow teachers and colleagues. I've mentioned before that you can print and post up at conferences, the promo material about EFL classroom 2.0 .

Now, keeping with the vein that this is "your site" -- a kinda communal fire, I've attached a business card template in powerpoint. You can get business cards made with your own contact info. , showing EFL Classroom 2.0 A great way to introduce yourself to others and also let them know about a community of fellow EFL / ESL teachers. Simply give this to your print shop and they'll do their thing.

We will be growing in leaps and bounds in the New Year, once the new resource site is functional. We'll be linking with several other resource sites to enhance the experience as well. The more teachers we have onboard, the better and easier all our jobs become. communication is key.

Have a good one, eh.

David
Attachments:
I just added a cool link "Feed the World" A cool game and idea that you can use in your classroom. You guess the definitions of words and if you are right, you donate 10 grains of rice! They accumulate in your bowl as you play. If you are incorrect, no rice and the questions get easier. I got up to level 45? How about you?

Also note the chat box. I'll leave it there for now. Please post messages there, shout outs or whatever you wish....!

Keep making friends, starting discussions and leave a comment if you want anything changed on the site. It is YOUR site.

check out the Frapr map and please tell us where you are by joining and labeling the map when you have a moment!

Power to the teachers!

David

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service