News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16, 2019. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20, 2019. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27, 2019. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

About

Okay, time for payback - all you teachers in the trenches, do you have tips/good activities to get new teachers started? Pay back for all those who've helped you along the way.

It's Sept. and many teachers are planning, many of them new. Let's help them out!

I'll comment more later but

A) New teachers please see our Games/activities resources here.  Our Young Learners resources and Essential Resources for new teachers.  This tag search has lots of inspiration!

B) See in our Resource / Share folder the following games in PPt games : Top 5 (also download the worksheet). Price is Right (great for numbers), BAAM, Jeopardy (many kinds), Let's Talk, Bingo Basics. Also instructional ppts.   The recent 30th blog carnival we hosted was specifically for new teachers - great advice!

C) See our Practice and Elementary pages. Get familiar with the content there. Many ppts for download  but also click and play in your class. Get familiar with them and there is something for each lesson/theme

D) Make friends here. Stay tuned for professional development opportunities. Networking is a great resource!

E) Oh yeah, almost forgot. Download the karaoke player if you have a computer/screen (use with Windows XP ). Music is great for a warm up/engaging students before the Study/practice part of the lesson. Many are also available inour video area

F) Check out this new teacher checklist. Lots to think about . ......slowly get these things done.

G) Motivate your students. That is your main job I believe. There aren't enough hours in class to "learn" English but you can make a difference by setting them up for self learning success. Show them where to get resources online or study outside of class. Set up a class page here for them (one log in / id/pw for everyone!). But motivate, motivate, motivate....

Also, use the search function here. Hundreds of great threads with lots of great teaching advice. I'd also recommend the "Lessons in a Can" - lots of fully explained lessons with downloadable resources. Available to EFL Classroom 2.0 supporters.

Now others, any really good tips? Management, classroom set up , resources, living advice?

Let the adventure begin!

Downloads: 498

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I also think that new teachers could start with these basic communicative activities that will help them assess student level/language and they really show many of the basic activities for teaching any "target" language...like Find Someone Who / Interviews / communication gap exercises etc......

Here are two templates which you can get students to use and draw a picture / provide language, as a way to introduce themselves to the class and yourself....

I'd also try the many games/activities which are communicative in our games/activity Scribd folder
Attachments:
"Set up a class page here for them (one log in / id/pw for everyone!)"

Sorry to be a techincal no hoper, but can anyone give me some further iunstruction on how to do this....?
Wendy,

No problem!

It is very simple. Just register again with a different user id and password than your personal one. You can go to www.mail.com and quickly make an email address -- for example wendysclass@mail.com

Use this + a class pw to register. Give all your students the email address (Id) and Pw. Then all your students can log in with that same id/pw. You will all have 1 My page which you could make as your class page. Or you could also make a classroom for your class.

Essentially, this is an easy way (same Id/pw) for all your students to log in without having to register at all.

I hope I haven't confused you more !!!!!! Basic point again -- make one ID/PW and share it with everyone in your class or school. (for example - the one I hand out for people to try the site is ID eflclassroom@mail.com / PW eflclassroom

Cheers,

David

hay everyone. i am new member here. I am student of university. Next month i will practice teaching in school that have aggressive student. My friend who have ever practice in  that school ignored by student. Can you give me suggestion or some activity to get student attention especially in the first meeting?

I will try to suggest you here. I think the first you have to have big smile when the first time you arrive in school. because students will make impression in the first they see you. just show your confident to them. like you're have many experiences in teaching. don't show that you're nervous.

"Tips for New Teacher's"

How about getting rid of unnecessary apostrophes? ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service