Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Donate - Support Us!           Gif Lingua Books

Become A Supporter

TEACH WITH Gif Lingua

What We Offer

Become a Patron

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Our Weekly Magazine

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Favorite Movie about Teaching?

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Apr 23. 88 Replies

I'd like to compile a list of movies…Continue

Tags: best, video, film, teaching, movie

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26, 2017. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19, 2017. 74 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Badge

Loading…

About

I'd like to compile a list of movies about teaching. What's your favorite one? List one and why it really is good..... even better if you can post a clip!  Here is a nice list to get us started!  Also see this Rotten Tomatoes list about best H.S. movies. 

Here's my nominee, Dead Poet's Society. I guess cause I'm male but I really love the way Robin William's character confronts authority and gets his students to see outside the box.

Also see our Philosophy At The Movies quiz.  Match the film with a teaching philosophy. Can you? 

Also see these two posts offering lessons for teachers from the two movies.

The King's Speech     |        McFarlane

Get more movie related teaching resources HERE

Views: 2991

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Life of a king. I think for high school and up maybe middle school too.

Just found out about this movie: Detachment.  From a few years back and with good reviews. Might be worth a watch? 

Watched this movie and highly recommend. Inspiring to start a school year! Brooklyn Castle. 

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0

I just wrote a blog post about the movie McFarlane. Lessons for educators from the movie

It's a wonderful movie about a teacher who coaches a team of cross country runners.  I usually hate Kevin Costner but he is great in this film. Very appropriate to watch with students. Find on Netflix. 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service