News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

About

Just for the laugh / fun of it! (no teaching stuff allowed)

Does anyone have some nice, fun stuff to share? Nothing about teaching but just something to entertain and maybe make a worn out teacher smile?

I'll start sharing with this clip. Can't stop laughing!

Also, try this, I found it in the chat box! Sock and Awe. I got 7!

Downloads: 3376

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just for the fun of it....

I really have no shame. Spent several hours watching animal talking videos today.... Yeah, go figure. Here's an example. Get more onthis youtube station. Be warned, they are addictive!   Here's one with an English transcript if needed. (from the excellent video subtitled site dotsub.com )

This is kind of teaching stuff but it is so funny - got to break the rule.... wonderful stuff. 

Gotta love Catherine Tate! :D
EVIL!! :D I was really surprised, I thought for sure the doggy would get a treat in the end : (!

I'm a pretty calm teacher but if it was reality - I'd of strangled her! That's really how good she is at acting - felt like doing it right there and then!  Okay - enough truth....

"I can’t think of anything worse after a night of drinking than waking up next to someone and not being able to remember their name, or how you met, or why they’re dead." (Laura Kightlinger)

Made me laugh. Might be because I was 2 pages into The PWOT Happiness Generator and needed it to work before I went to bed.

Ellen,

I've heard mention of the PWOT pages - where many teachers in Korea while away the off days. Never visited. But I can see how they'd be entertaining.  As I was reading I just kept thinking how I could use this for lesson material! I got to get out more, mein gott!   Interesting nonetheless. Last weekend got through my magazine quickly at the cottage so had to turn to "The Bathroom Reader" . A vast tomb of stuff like the PWOT. quite enjoyable, must say. But I'll keep with my NY Review of books beside my toilet - for the moment at least!

I just stumbled upon it... honestly, I typed something like "my life is never going to get better" into the google box and that's the first thing that came up that I thought might work :)

You know, I am a big bathroom reader too, but I am too... ladylike? raised by my mother, who had a certain sense of dignity? to put the word 'toliet' in the same sentence as 'I read in the bathroom.' I have wondered sometimes though why it is so pleasing to poop and read at the same time :D

Life is full of pleasures, if you just know how to revel in them.

Can I borrow your NYROB? It's been so long since I've had a copy, such a good 'oh, I'm doing something else too' (eating, drinking, smoking, day dreaming) read.

Ellen,

You'll have to bring a mobile device into the bathroom! - it's available online when just out. 

I'm breaking my rule about no teaching stuff (again). here's a comedy skit about teachers. says something about how teachers are looked upon by the wider society... but funny nonetheless...

:D :D So funny!

Thank you, David :)

UKULELE LOVE SCENE

Made me smile... only with the little uke! I can't remember the movie...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service