News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

About

Just for the laugh / fun of it! (no teaching stuff allowed)

Does anyone have some nice, fun stuff to share? Nothing about teaching but just something to entertain and maybe make a worn out teacher smile?

I'll start sharing with this clip. Can't stop laughing!

Also, try this, I found it in the chat box! Sock and Awe. I got 7!

Downloads: 3339

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It got better :) The mystic still knows my address :)
Come on, this is cute... stands up to the second viewing :)

I know I am a little off when it comes to this subject, but I assure you, I have friends that understand me :D Anyway, this made me laugh:

I'm going to buy my 5 year old son a little uke. By the way the Jerk is a laugh in itself.

I think  that's wonderful. The uke is such a friendly and accessible instrument. He'll be able to play a real song right away- one chord, C, produced by one finger on the 3rd fret-

There are so many great, free resources on the web, too- uke players are generous :) PM me if you want links.

Have you decided which uke to buy him? If you have the money and you want an indestructable instrument with perfect intonation, check out the Flea soprano uke. It has an all plastic body, but they are made individually, to order, by a US company, have great tone and are nice and loud. Also, they keep in tune much better than many ukes, less frustration, more play time. But they are pricey for what they are-

Shoot, messing up my typing- $170.00 and hard to find a discount. There's a Canadian company, Empire Music, that I bought my first uke from, for around $50. That's about as low as you can go and still get a real instrument, unless you find a prize at a garage sale.

Empire Music carries lots of great instruments for kids- I always enjoy getting their catalog in the mail, but they do have an online version. Makes me wish for grandkids!

Here's a review of the flea... honestly, I've never read a negative review of it... I have the bigger size fluke myself, but with a rosewood fretboard. I'd rather have a kamaka or some other beautiful all wood uke, but for an all wood uke that's the same price as a fluke, I probably wouldn't have as good intonation or sound... saving up for an $800 uke some day!

Let me know when you get one- I LOVE to talk ukes!

David, is this what you were talking about when you suggested students produce their own narrations for videos?

You all might have seen this one already (22 million hits). I came to it late... a friend told me whenever I say "I don't give a fuck" he can't help but think of honey badger... I had to look up the reference :)

I'm PROUD to be a honey badger!

Ellen,

That is hilarious!  OMG!   I'm really speechless. So I'll reply to your video with a video. Here's the honey badger's complete opposite. I wonder what he'd think (stroke that, he probably - you finish this phrase...)

Better keep that cat well fed!

Oh, and that rat, David, what a beauty! So sweet (not everyone can appreciate a rat like we can ;) )

Why won't my animals act like that? Even if they weren't eating each other, they'd be running around like crazy!

Larry Ferlazzo just shared this video and

offered the idea it might be useful for getting students to write s...

I'm not sure. All I can say is What The ...?? (excuse my English). This is bizarre. don't even know if this is the right category for it!

Didn't I just see this on the BDSM channel?

Flashed on this old SNL skit...

I miissed this one. Would love to hear from Japanese members about what is being said! Also, what they think about our cultural fascination with how the Japanese do their tv shows. 

Remember this classic I blogged about last year?   I'm fascinated how we "make fun" of Japanese TV culture - do they do the same about American "stupid" sitcoms? 

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service