EnglishCentral      Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Member TESOL Certificate           Gif Lingua Books

65,000+ Members! Join Us!

TEACH WITH ENGLISHCENTRAL

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19. 74 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Badge

Loading…

About

Do you have any resources to share or ideas for teaching these holidays?

See our main Thanksgiving page for resources, first off....

Here is a very handy book for holidays, available in our General Teaching Share area under Holidays. Also, giflingua has some presentations on holidays HERE.

As always, member Larry Ferlazzo comes shining through on his own blog - with a rundown of Thanksgiving Day websites chalk full of stuff for teachers. Thanks Larry! This page also see loads of Thanksgiving Day resources!

I really like this old but classic Family Album USA series. Easy level videos in a soap opera / sitcom fashion. Their 3 episodes on Thanksgiving show very well the traditional American holiday (football, turkey etc...) Get the videos in our A/V Player or the new Family Album page! Use the handy exercise book attached!
This video about gratitude is incredible! Use with the gratitude worksheet you will find there. 

Any other resources/ideas?

Views: 917

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shannon,

I'll be putting up a Christmas page soon... this will include Kwanzaa and Hanukkah resources. However in the meantime, look at this thread/discussion.

Scroll to the bottom of Larry Ferlazzo's list HERE. There are a number of things I'll be listing.

Cheers,

David
We also have more Thanksgiving Resources here, under the Holiday category in our Sharing forum : )

I recently listed resources from the Smithsonian's American Indian Perspectives on Thanksgiving there.

Here is another item about thanksgiving...might be able to be used by teachers.

Attachments:
Here are a couple of videos made by a teacher about Thanksgiving. Might be useful.

You know what we need to have for next Thanksgiving, best Thanksgiving recipes! We are forgetting the most essential element here- producing and eating great food!

My kids start in on me by mid October- When's Thanksgiving, mom? What are we going to have? Are we going to have stuffing this year? (what year haven't they had stuffing??) And mashed potatoes? (of course) And is Pattie making cole slaw?(yes!) And they just want to hear it, over and over again... dears : )

BTW, they are 27, 21, and 19 years old!

In case you're curious... and TWO pumpkin pies and a banana cream pie, and fruit salad with kiwi, pineapple, cantaloupe and pomegranate seeds (as a minimum), and, because I made them once and now the boys cannot live without it, Pillsbury crescent rolls, the kind that come in a cardboard tube that pops open when you bang it on the edge of the counter top.

And sparkling cider and lemonade and perhaps a little Jack Daniels after their aunt goes home, because she doesn't approve!

If they are good, they get a little hot apple crisp in the morning to hold them off until dinner.

What do you eat on Thanksgiving?
The Copy and Paste blog has some AMAZING documents and activities for students/teachers. However, they are of a high level but great.

They are about "The New World" and perceptions upon arrival. A thanksgiving theme.

Take a look!
Attachments:
Great find, David! I'm going to look through the rest of his site soon...

This is a great Thanksgiving lesson resource!

<p> </p>

Remembrance Day is coming up.  Here is a series of worksheets to use and choose from.

Also, see this book on Gif Lingua books. (Register as a teacher to download ppts and worksheets)

See these two nice video lessons on EnglishCentral where students can study the famous poem - In Flanders Field. 

Attachments:

Here are a few more Thanksgiving presentations. 

See this book about Thanksgivingon Gif Lingua. Also, this one about what you are thankful for.

Teachers register on Gif Lingua Books to download books and worksheets. Here's an example of the worksheets you get for books - this set is for Thanksgiving.

Attachments:

Remembrance Day is coming up.  Here is a series of worksheets to use and choose from.

Also, see this book on Gif Lingua books. (Register as a teacher to download ppts and worksheets)

See these two nice video lessons on EnglishCentral where students can study the famous poem - In Flanders Field. 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service