News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

About

Dear All,

For those who work at public school I guess you are aware that Summer/Winter camp is an obligation. For me, this is one of the hardest times of the year as there is alot of preperation that goes into making the camp.

I was wondering what ideas people have for their prospective camps. I am in a middle school and I am looking to trade ideas with people or swap materials.

For my previous winter camp I tried to give each day a theme e.g. art day, science day, newspaper day. I still have all my materials from my previous camp and I am looking to trade with anyone else.

Thanks

Downloads: 1324

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Girlfriend....Thank You!
I hope to send you some plans this fall should you need any ideas.....Again, good looking out!
Have a great summer!
Jo
play KABOOM! with the kids. they love, love, love it. just make slips of paper with questions or statements with missing words, etc (modify it how you want but make it something students can semi-quickly answer... the game goes faster and better that way). make about 40 slips of questions/sentences with missing words and about 10 slips of paper that say "KABOOM!". one person for each team pulls a slip out of the hat and answers the question, their team gets a point, then move quickly to the next team, and so on. if they pull a "kaboom!", then they choose a team and get to erase all of that team's point. the kids freak out for this game. HUGE success every time. to make it quick and efficient, i recommend using a dice and each student in the team has a number 1-6. roll the dice and the students from each team with the corresponding number must be the leader that round. everyone is involved. good luck!
Robyn,
Would you happen to have the powerpoints to accompany this "life saving" package?
I am not as powerpoint savvy as you are.
Thanks in advance!
Jo
Wow Robyn! Your plan is really well written out in the PPP format. I am not required to do this format so I did mine in just an outline format.

I thought I would share my plan with all of you and you can take and change whatever you want.

Mine is a 10 day camp with three 45 minute periods per day with the same students.

Some of the days seem shorter then the others because they are.

5 of the 45 minute periods are taken up with Reading/Writing time.

3 more periods will be spent on sports day Activities and closing ceremony.

I haven't made the (Worksheets) yet but most of them will be easy to make. I will zip a file of them and upload them later once I have completed them... I have another 3 weeks before they must be ready :P so maybe next week or so I should have most of them finished.

Hit up up with any questions.

-Kyle
Attachments:
That is awesome!!! Thank you.
anybody have any suggestions on what to do, I am supposed to teach grammar for one week of my summer camp and im totally clueless on what to do without making it like super boring. I want it to be good for them but my coteacher says I must teach grammar that week.
School House ROCK them.
Sorry...am scrambling with other things at the moment, so I still don't have the PPTs done! Will try to post them, as I get them done, though.
Sam,

Have you tried the Side by Side grammar powerpoints? They work well and you can get the students to perform roleplays for each set.... They are also in handy flash in our Language lab which is also very grammar oriented.
Thank you Robyn! I will use your ideas as a framework for my English Gifted Class!! Thanks for posting! You made my summer work so much easier!!!
Here are my lesson plans for a five day long sports-themed English camp, for High School Students. I'm going to use the same lessons for half of my middle school's English camp, and level everything down a bit.
Attachments:

Robyn these are incredible!  Did you ever share the ppt slides that go with the lessons?

Yours hopefully....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service