Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products           Gif Lingua Books

Earn A TEFL Certificate

TEACH WITH Gif Lingua

Best Video Lessons

Teaching Tips

Become a Patron

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Our Weekly Magazine

Music

Loading…

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel on Wednesday. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 10. 79 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Favorite Movie about Teaching?

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Apr 23. 88 Replies

I'd like to compile a list of movies…Continue

Tags: best, video, film, teaching, movie

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

About

READING and STORIES (46)

Discussions Replies The Latest Stuff

Supporter

5 minute mysteries

These stories are compelling because at the end of each - students must brainstorm and come up with an answer to solve the mystery. Just li…

Started by ddeubel

0 Sep 14, 2017

Supporter

Repetitive Readers

This will be the new home of our "repetitive readers". Books that recycle vocabulary in the story and through narrative teach language in a…

Started by ddeubel

10 Aug 10, 2017
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

Sick - Shel Silverstein

A classic poem by an amazing author. Kids will love this poem and this powerpoint version with audio contextualizes all the sentences.  Als…

Started by ddeubel

2 May 16, 2017
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

Eric Carle

He's a genius author and most of his books work wonderfully in the ESL/EFL classroom. See my post about his books and a nice interview wit…

Started by ddeubel

6 Sep 11, 2016
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

The Paperbag Princess

One of the best stories for the English language classroom!  Get all the resources you'll ever need to teach this wonderful fairy tale.  Th…

Started by ddeubel

3 Jul 29, 2016
Reply by debmacrae

Supporter

Storybooks +

Here are 3 story books in PPT that will be good for classroom use and printing. Easy to print off powerpoint slidesand students can read ju…

Started by ddeubel

3 May 19, 2016
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

What time is it, Mr. Wolf?

Classic kid's story.  Here are 3 very nice and handy presentations to teach this storybook. 

Started by ddeubel

1 Nov 20, 2015
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

Funny Stories and Jokes

Find in this discussion, all the materials related to humorous stories, jokes, riddles etc.... Here is a start. Some nice jokes in audio a…

Started by ddeubel

14 Jul 14, 2015
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

Rumplestiltskin

This is a classic story with a great moral and lesson for all students. Be careful what you wish for! Use with this modern version if you w…

Started by ddeubel

2 Jun 21, 2015
Reply by ddeubel

Supporter

PPT and other stories, no audio....

Here are a lot of excellent stories you can read as a whole class with a computer screen or use for your student's own study......(or your…

Started by ddeubel

16 Jun 20, 2015
Reply by ddeubel

RSS

© 2018   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service