Here are some stellar materials for a lesson on "favorite things". Of course The Sound Of Music lyrics and activities are included!
1. Ask students about their own favorite things.
2. Use the conversation cards to get students discussing in groups.
3. Play the song. First review the vocabulary with the worksheet included.
4. Listen and fill in - check and sing together.
5. Optional. Go through the song and list all the nouns. Which are countable and uncountable ....
Use the version below for a cool updated example of the song to use in class!