Download the video for offline viewing.
1. Prompt students by asking them what they fear, what they are afraid of. List the fears on the board.
2. Use the PPT to tell the story simply of Dougal.
3. Then watch the video. Pause often and ask students to predict what will happen next. Ask them to complete the sentence, I think __________ will _______________.
4. Retell the story using the retelling ppt. Prompt students to make a sentence for each part and then show the example sentence.
5. Give students the sequence cards and have them cut them up and mix. Get the students to put them in the correct order and make a sentence for each one. Check again with the ppt.
6. Hand out the worksheet. Get students to complete and then finish if you have time with the discussion questions for higher levels.
Lots of ways to do this lesson, this is one possible way! Or just enjoy and have students retell! See the film webpage - http://www.fearofflyingfilm.com/