Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Donate - Support Us!           Gif Lingua Books

Earn A TEFL Certificate

TEACH WITH Gif Lingua

Best Video Lessons

Teaching Tips

Become a Patron

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Our Weekly Magazine

Music

Loading…

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 10. 79 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Favorite Movie about Teaching?

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Apr 23. 88 Replies

I'd like to compile a list of movies…Continue

Tags: best, video, film, teaching, movie

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26, 2017. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

About

Let's share here, our song lyric sheets!  I will upload most of mine, many which go with the videos in the discussion - International Singers in English.  Scroll through the pages below.

Also see my 50 Ways to use Music In The Classroom for ideas. 

Here are the complete videos but for info. about each singer go to the discussion.  Also, in our videos tagged "lyrics" -  you can get a lyric sheet with the video and also activity ideas. Also, get our Glee Songbook with videos! Your students will love this and its perfect for a camp or whole course. 

Also get our Pop Song lyric book with music videos for all the songs.  All you will ever need to teach pop songs in class. 

Most of the time, I do a "foldem" lyric sheet. The student folds the sheet "hotdog" style. Fills in the left and after, checks the answers while listening again.....

Views: 13021

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Walk like an Egyptian - a crazy, popular song. get the video in our video library (like many / most of these lyric sheets).

Attachments:

I only ask of god by Outlandish. Video here.

Attachments:

Little Boxes.  Video is here.   here is a unique version you might use also! 

Attachments:
Attachments:

A great song, The Lions Roar, in Kinetic Typography.

Attachments:

A popular song, well produced -Love Like Woe by Ready Set. 

Attachments:

The World is Titanic crazy (at least over here in Canada).   Here is "My Heart Will Go On" listening sheet and mp3.  Also use with our Titanic Video and actual scenes of the original titanic (after the song). 

This NYTs slideshow is fantastic for showing old photos of the Titanic.

Also, you can't beat Larry Ferlazzo's list of best sites for teaching this topic

I also think this site has some nice lesson plans. 

Attachments:

A nice video version of Alanis Morrisette's Ironic. Lots of contextualization. Here is the mp3 and lyric listening sheet to go with it. 

Attachments:

Beautiful song, Feeling Good by Nina Simone. Students can also do a lyric rewrite and say and sing what makes them feel good. 

Attachments:

This is a very nice song for teaching language.  Use the instrumental version at the end to sing the words and get full practice. 

Attachments:

A great song and activity for students. Nora Jones: Don't Know why listening and rewrite worksheet. 

Attachments:

Great cartoon / anime style video of Payphone from Maroon 5.   Here's the listening sheet. 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service