Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products           Gif Lingua Books

Earn A TEFL Certificate

TEACH WITH Gif Lingua

Best Video Lessons

Teaching Tips

Become a Patron

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Our Weekly Magazine

Music

Loading…

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 17. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 10. 79 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Favorite Movie about Teaching?

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Apr 23. 88 Replies

I'd like to compile a list of movies…Continue

Tags: best, video, film, teaching, movie

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

About

Let's share here, our song lyric sheets!  I will upload most of mine, many which go with the videos in the discussion - International Singers in English.  Scroll through the pages below.

Also see my 50 Ways to use Music In The Classroom for ideas. 

Here are the complete videos but for info. about each singer go to the discussion.  Also, in our videos tagged "lyrics" -  you can get a lyric sheet with the video and also activity ideas. Also, get our Glee Songbook with videos! Your students will love this and its perfect for a camp or whole course. 

Also get our Pop Song lyric book with music videos for all the songs.  All you will ever need to teach pop songs in class. 

Most of the time, I do a "foldem" lyric sheet. The student folds the sheet "hotdog" style. Fills in the left and after, checks the answers while listening again.....

Views: 13089

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is a nice lyric listening sheet for a lesson about money or related to money.  

The song - Money, Money, Money originally by Abba.  This one uses the Mama Mia version but you can usethe original on Youtube.

Also see the attached worksheets related to money with conversation questions. 

Attachments:

For Father's Day - a nice simple lyric foldem (students fold and listen, fill in and then unfold to check answers). Peter Gabriel's Father Son. Very good song for ELLs, nice and slow but with great vocabulary, meaning. 

Also see the well known song -Father And Son by Cat Stevens.

Attachments:

Sunrise by Norah Jones is a beautiful and slower song, perfect for the ELL classroom. 

Here is a beautiful listening sheet .... 

Download the video for offline viewing.

Attachments:

Lady In Red is a great song for teaching and showing examples of the present perfect.

Here is a lyric listening sheet and worksheets with answer key. Also includes a song lyric rewrite. Students rewrite the chorus and sing their own version!

Attachments:

A good genre of songs for language classes are those that give advice.  I'm thinking of Cat Stevens "Father and Son". Mike and the Mechanics - In The Living Yearsetc ...

Here is another one. Simple Man. Use with the lyric listening sheet which after the first stanza you stop the music and ask students to write what Lynyrd's mother told or advised him ....  After sharing some of the advice, finish the song and find out what his mother said. 

Attachments:

Live Forever was voted the number 1 all time British song!  It's a great song for any level of students and use with these activity sheets. 

One activity attached is just a word grab. Cut up and students grab the cards as they hear them! 

Also listening cloze fill in. 

Attachments:

Song by the Lights.  Great for advanced students and to introduce and talk about listening skills and what is important when listening .... 

Attachments:

Here is a nice VOA report listing many of the best songs for teaching English. Find attached an eBook of activity sheets for many of the songs mentioned. Also find many in this category.

Also, many members have shared their lists of top songs HERE.

Here's some quick links to many of the songs mentioned in this video. Also, use our LYRICS tag or take a look at our Pop song page/workbook.   Kids songs here.

Tom's Diner

Lemon Tree

Truly, Madly, Deeply

Abba   Songs by Abba podcast

Beatles |  Lennon

Wonderful World - Louis Armstrong

One Love: Bob Marley and Peace Songs

Johnny Cash: You are my sunshine

Queen:  We are the champions

God Only Knows

Attachments:

Here is another similar video where "experts" share their favorite songs for teaching English in the classroom. 

I've always loved this song Billy Joel wrote for his baby daughter. Lullabye.  Here is a lyric listening sheet and also space provided for students to write their own short lullabye (and maybe sing it in class!). 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service