News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

A NEW way to teach PHRASAL VERBS so that your students understand and remember them

Started by Andromeda Jones in Teaching and Methodology Dec 31, 2018. 0 Replies

Phrasal verbs are a verb + preposition, adverb or particle. Teaching…Continue

Tags: prepositions, teach, verbs, phrasal

About

For my elementry students I'm just trying to fouc on some essential phrases that they need to know...

Excuse the "post Office" slide...that definitely got a reaction out of them (maybe if your class is too sensitive, you can change the picture)...I just found that this picture made them say "POST OFFICE" much louder...

And for my Korean Elementary students...is would've been a challenge becaus eof the 'f's'

Downloads: 218

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I love how you used the Simpsons for this and others! Motivating and so cute. I've used the Simpsons stuff before and it always works.... Thanks for sharing Shelagh!
I agree with David, Shelagh, I can really see your elementary students responding to this one! Very nice balance of everything- color, humor and meaning.

One thing I don't get- what's wrong with the Post Office slide? That the mouse might get eaten by the cat? Everyone knows the mouse always wins in cartoons : ) ... or did I miss something?
Thanks Ellen and David :-)

The reason why I "excused" the post office slide was because when I played that slide to one of my elementry classes (my youngest ones)...they just started screeming and the girls covered their eyes... :-) ....I'm sure deep down they were laughing :-)
That's so cute! Where did you learn to make such creative Powerpoints? I wish I knew how do these sort of Powerpoints.
The challenge is that my computer is all in Korean :-) ...so it involves a lot searching :-)

BUT the trick for the moving/animated things are....when I search google images...I often search under clip-art...then I add in animated...for me, it makes it look a bit more interesting (it really isn't as fancy as it looks!...anyone can do it!)

for example...if I want a moving cat...I'll type under google images (clipart): cat + animated ...usually soemhing wil come up....Believe it or not, I'm not a computer genius at all...it makes me look much better at PowerPoint than I actually am :-) ...but thank you anyway :-)
Shelagh, what a dummy I am! I didn't even know it was animated! I just clicked through the slides, and did not run it as a slide show. WOW, even more impressive, girl! AND, I understand about the Post Office now! :D

I learn something new everyday!
I am inspired by your power point.
I also like the tip about searching google images (clipart):something + animated
I would like to share some stuff but I'm still a little shy to the community and I think my ppts are not up to par yet.
I looked in the "sharing" section of discussions and found a lot of good stuff.
Is there a discussion about power-points used for class instructions?
Christopher...

don't be shy! Yes, that is a great tip and such a simple thing others don't think about. I also search for + gif Gif photos being the more user friendly for presentations.

There really has never been a discussion on the forum about powerpoints specifically. Why not start one? I get oodles of messages/emails and questions about power points would cover a large percentage of them. Lots that can be done with ppt that until someone shows/tells, many don't know...

David

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2019   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service