Photos

• Add Photos

Our Weekly Magazine

New Content

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

Implementation

Started by Christina Shepherd in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Oct 26, 2017. 1 Reply

How does implementation help you out throughout the year? I am curious to know what things have worked for you and what things have not worked for you through an implementation standard.  Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19, 2017. 74 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17, 2017. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Badge

Loading…

About

I'm a big proponent of short intensive language lessons based on videos.  So many great reasons to use video in this form instead of long versions/viewing.  

EnglishCentral does this well and teachers can get a downloadable transcript/lesson plan for each video - click "Video Details" on any video page. 

Find here in this category short intensive lessons that your students and you can use as "snacks".  

Here is a first one about Bob Dylan and Watson.  The lesson delivery is simple for all these. 

1. Watch the short clip.  Maybe prior, ask a few background questions.  (ex. Does anyone know who Watson is?  Who is Bob Dylan? )

2.  Hand out the worksheet.  Students fold so they can't see the transcript at the bottom. They have a few minutes to answer the questions. 

3. Watch again and take up. Pausing the video as necessary. Students check their answers.

4. Practice.  Students in pairs practice the transcript/dialogue.  Maybe even rewriting it by changing some answers to make their own interview. Present to the class. 

Want more video based lessons?   See this huge directory for members.

Views: 923

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is another video snack lesson.   Cute one and fun!

Attachments:

I love this documentary about a bicycle collector!  For higher levels and has a solid Australian accent to challenge student listening. But they'll learn lots about the history of bicycles.  Discuss bikes and learn bike parts (see flashcards attached you can also cut up and use). 

See this presentation to teach bicylce parts

/p> Download for inclass viewing.

Attachments:

This history of pizza.  

Students will be very interested in this lesson, for sure!  Also see all our Pizza related lesson materials...

Get the EC lesson plan also.  Plus students can read and study this Gif Lingua book

Attachments:

Easy lesson.   The safest cities in the world. Have students brainstorm a list city,country. Then take up and check against the video. Based on the criteria below. Also see this teaching recipe outlining the same idea for any Top 10 list.  Download for offline viewing.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service