News Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products

Get Printables / Resources

Video Lesson

Flashcards!

The Ultimate Resource

Pop Song eBook

Our Weekly Magazine

Guess The Movie Cards

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Online Course Management System - FREE. Would you use it?

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Mitchell Lee on Wednesday. 7 Replies

I'd like to know how many teachers would use a completely free course management system , if offered here? Meaning, you can create a course there,…Continue

Tags: atutor, technology, online, ecourses, elearning

SITE OF THE DAY - HUNDREDS OF THE "BEST" - Teaching Recipes

Started by ddeubel in Websites / links / access to new resources / communities.. Last reply by Nadeem Nawaz Jul 16, 2019. 102 Replies

We are now in our 3rd edition of "Site of the Day"! Hundreds of the best sites for teaching/learning. See #1 and…Continue

Tags: collection, list, web 2.0, resources, websites

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by Amelia Meirizka Jun 20, 2019. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread and butter.Got any good ideas for teaching it or using it…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Learning Designs

Started by Elise in Teaching and Methodology Mar 27, 2019. 0 Replies

I was wondering what you all thought of learning designs pertaining to English language teaching? What are the ways in which you design your lessons to achieve better learning in your students?Continue

About

It is World Cup fever time! Use the built in motivation that comes with it - to teach your students English!  

Here are many resources you can use. Scroll below too! 

See our World Cup flashcards (printable) on Quizlet. Also others in our group about soccer. Read the review of all teams and present in class.

Lots of resources available. See FIFA's website but also Larry Ferlazzo's list of best websites with World Cup resources.    This site offers a quality list of resources too.

I'll be posting resources here too! See this nifty Project World Cup. Students work in groups to collect info about the country , their team and history. then present to the class. Get a great schedule for the World Cup HERE.

Here is a nice ppt (attached) of all the countries in the forthcoming world cup. Test your student's knowledge!  Also, this presentation is a nice interactive summary of all the rules.

You might also try the even bigger Flags of the World presentation.
See these resources to teach about the country of Russia. 

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0
With the soccer field, you might play Whiteboard Soccer.  It really inspires them during the heightened time of World Cup.  This is a kind of online version.

What do you have to share and "teach" using this great event?

Downloads: 5615

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to include this powerpoint which is a FULL history of the World Cup since 1930. Lots of info. that could be useful.....
Attachments:
Hey, I appreciate the corrections. I talked to an Australian last night and realized that they say soccer there and thought "ooops!" Thanks for the Mexico correction, too. "Four countries - Mexico, Italy, France and Germany - have hosted it twice"
http://www.mediaclubsouthafrica.com/index.php?option=com_content&am...
I have a general question for all you English speakers out there. Does anyone outside of the UK and Ireland say "football" when referring to what Americans, Australians, and New Zealanders call "soccer" ? Thanks!~
A World Class, World Cup BAAM game from member "Dodgy Al".

BAAM is a great game and this one takes the cake!
Attachments:
all spanish speaking nations "futbol"
Even the Irish refer to football as soccer. When they say football they are referring to gaelic football.

Here is a fantastic presentation for the 2018 world cup.  turn off the text and audio and present to students. Can they name the teams?   They can also try the quizlet set of all teams we created. 

Attachments:

Here is a nice ppt quiz for advanced soccer terms. Also a wordsearch and crossword to review soccer related vocabulary and for a lesson on the world cup or just the sport of soccer. 

Attachments:

Here are two worksheets related to the countries of the World Cup. Also see our World Cup Project workbook - perfect for a full module on the world cup and learning about the countries in the world cup. 

Attachments:

Here are some nice worksheets for students to study soccer equipment vocabulary. 

Get them brainstorming the equipment and then doing the worksheets. 

Also present the equipment with this presentationor study the Quizlet quiz also. 

Attachments:

This is a nice explainer gif for vocabulary related to the soccer pitch.

Get the other explainer gifs at these links. Soccer Pitch. |  Players and PositionsThe Play Clock  |  RestartingHand Balls   |    What is a foulFouls and Free Kicks  |  Yellow and Red Cards  |  Offsides 1   |    Offsides 2  

Attachments:

Here are two excellent quizzes with answer keys. One simple, the other used as a webquest where students look up the answers and then take up as a class. Who found the most correct answers in the allotted time. 

See the comprehensive and excellent World Cup Project! Highly recommend. 

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2020   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service