Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Donate - Support Us!           Gif Lingua Books

What We Offer

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Our Weekly Magazine

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 19, 2017. 74 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Top 5 Game

Started by susie silver in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 17, 2017. 14 Replies

Hi David Maybe its obvious to some but I'm not sure how to play and I also want to create a top 5 game as well. What is the point of it. There are always 5 answers. Do the students guess according to…Continue

Tags: 5, top

Use of L1 in the ESL classroom

Started by Evanthia Pogiatzi in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Sep 10, 2017. 4 Replies

Hi people, i'm doing a research on whether is good for English language teachers to use the L1 of the students or the target language (English) when teaching in the classroom. So i would really…Continue

Tags: teaching, methodology, language, l1

It is World Cup fever time! Use the built in motivation that comes with it - to teach your students English!  

Here are many resources you can use. 

See our World Cup flashcards (printable) on Quizlet. Also others in our group about soccer. Read the review of all teams and present in class.

Lots of resources available. See FIFA's website but also Larry Ferlazzo's list of best websites with World Cup resources.    This site offers a quality list of resources too.

I'll be posting resources here too! See this nifty Project World Cup. Students work in groups to collect info about the country , their team and history. then present to the class. Get a great schedule for the World Cup HERE.

Here is a nice ppt (attached) of all the countries in the forthcoming world cup. Test your student's knowledge!  Also, this presentation is a nice interactive summary of all the rules.

You might also try the even bigger Flags of the World presentation.
See these resources to teach about the country of Russia. 

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0
With the soccer field, you might play Whiteboard Soccer.  It really inspires them during the heightened time of World Cup.  This is a kind of online version.

What do you have to share and "teach" using this great event?

Views: 2627

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'd like to include this powerpoint which is a FULL history of the World Cup since 1930. Lots of info. that could be useful.....
Hey, I appreciate the corrections. I talked to an Australian last night and realized that they say soccer there and thought "ooops!" Thanks for the Mexico correction, too. "Four countries - Mexico, Italy, France and Germany - have hosted it twice"
I have a general question for all you English speakers out there. Does anyone outside of the UK and Ireland say "football" when referring to what Americans, Australians, and New Zealanders call "soccer" ? Thanks!~
A World Class, World Cup BAAM game from member "Dodgy Al".

BAAM is a great game and this one takes the cake!
all spanish speaking nations "futbol"
Even the Irish refer to football as soccer. When they say football they are referring to gaelic football.

Here is a fantastic presentation for the 2018 world cup.  turn off the text and audio and present to students. Can they name the teams?   They can also try the quizlet set of all teams we created. 

Reply to Discussion

© 2018   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service