Weekly Magazine         Read The Latest Newsletter       New Resources        Our Premium Products           Gif Lingua Books

Earn A TEFL Certificate

TEACH WITH Gif Lingua

Best Video Lessons

Teaching Tips

Become a Patron

Video Lessons Player

Study Music

Our Weekly Magazine

Music

Loading…

Project Peace

Resources And Discussion

ABCs - Alphabet Resources or Ideas?

Started by NEWS NOW in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel on Wednesday. 73 Replies

I guess the alphabet is our bread…Continue

Tags: children, abc, kids, phonics, reading

Stories to inspire and teach. Share yours.

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Jun 10. 79 Replies

I'd like to share in this forum and would like others to share, short stories that might apply to education / teaching and that will inspire. I believe stories and a narrative are powerful, whether…Continue

Tags: hodja, tao, zen, professional_development, storytelling

Favorite Movie about Teaching?

Started by ddeubel in Teaching and Methodology. Last reply by ddeubel Apr 23. 88 Replies

I'd like to compile a list of movies…Continue

Tags: best, video, film, teaching, movie

Learning Communities

Started by Allan Richards in Teaching and Methodology Oct 27, 2017. 0 Replies

Hey everyone!I am new to the forum and am curious how you feel learning communities benefit educators when it comes to developing a collective responsibility as educators. Do you feel a forum like…Continue

About

It is World Cup fever time! Use the built in motivation that comes with it - to teach your students English!  

Here are many resources you can use. Scroll below too! 

See our World Cup flashcards (printable) on Quizlet. Also others in our group about soccer. Read the review of all teams and present in class.

Lots of resources available. See FIFA's website but also Larry Ferlazzo's list of best websites with World Cup resources.    This site offers a quality list of resources too.

I'll be posting resources here too! See this nifty Project World Cup. Students work in groups to collect info about the country , their team and history. then present to the class. Get a great schedule for the World Cup HERE.

Here is a nice ppt (attached) of all the countries in the forthcoming world cup. Test your student's knowledge!  Also, this presentation is a nice interactive summary of all the rules.

You might also try the even bigger Flags of the World presentation.
See these resources to teach about the country of Russia. 

Find more videos like this on EFL CLASSROOM 2.0
With the soccer field, you might play Whiteboard Soccer.  It really inspires them during the heightened time of World Cup.  This is a kind of online version.

What do you have to share and "teach" using this great event?

Views: 5446

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here is the newly updated World Cup project which now includes a full folder of Quizlet set for studying about the World Cup and soccer vocabulary. 

Attachments:

What is the national food of each World Cup team.  World Cup Food is a great resource - find out! 

Read and present first with the book and quizlet set for student study on Gif Lingua. 

Attachments:

A nice gif highlighting all the WC teams. 

Attachments:

Here is an updated version of the World Cup BAAM game.  Great quiz for the WC.

Get all our famous BAAM gamesHERE.

Attachments:

Here is a nice comic writing activity.  Students fill in the comic about the World Cup and then share, read other versions.  Based on this version

See all our similar comic writing resources HERE.

Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by ddeubel.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service