[This lesson is under review and I'll be updating shortly. Thanks for your patience!]
108 - Conversation - Giving Your Opinion
This lesson uses Zoom Words
1. Get a list of vocabulary items or phrases you want the students to practice.
2. Go to Zoom Words and select your colors (white background is best I think). Alternatively, just put up your list on a power point or on the board prior to class!!
3. Input your words or phrases/sentences, one by one. Click the "add to list" button each time.
4. Press "Copy the code" and then embed on your blog/webpage (or here on EFL Classroom). I think "Posterous" is perfect for this sort of thing. HERE is my creation on Posterous. Tip: increase the width/height in the embed code if you wish.
5. Get students to talk about the words/phrases that appear by giving them some target language on the board or on paper. For my example, I provided the simple phrase:
6. After you've got them talking and warmed up - use the attached survey cards! Give one to each student and they survey the classroom and then report back to their group! Simple as pie and a good way to practice > All / Most / Many / Some / A few - of us.
You might also use our flashcard sets for vocabulary. Students can go to the site and practice the vocabulary later. Try this one - Essential words and phrases. Also see all our Conversation/Discussion resources.
Resources: Survey Cards
Add a Remark