129 - Ferris Bueller's Day Off
This lesson uses a 2012 Superbowl commercial to get students talking about past happenings and imagining what they'd do if they had a day off.
1. Ask students if they have seen the movie, "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" (maybe use and image or put up the powerpoint).
2. Ask students to imagine they had the day off. Get them to complete the box, exercise 1 and after, take up some responses.
3. Watch the video. Students should take notes and circle / underline the things Ferris did.
4. Watch the video again. Check answers. Ask students to order the events after watching again. Watch the video a last time, pausing and checking answers.
5. Show and retell using the powerpoint. Get students to retell using the hints (if needed).
Extension: This is a fun version / commercial showing an older version of Ferris. Students can study the video and language on EnglishCentral.
Add a Remark