It makes the perfect listening and discussion based lesson that provides strong, authentic language content for your students.
1. Ask students some general questions about running to prompt background knowledge.
2. Give the handout and in groups, ask students to discuss the questions (A). But start by having the students ask you the teacher the questions!
3. Play the video and students listen and complete the cloze activity (B). Stop after each part and repeat/replay as necessary.
4. (C) Ask students to look at the photos and guess which each person will talk about. Then play the whole video right through and get them to match/check the real answers. Take up as necessary.
5. Ask students to finish writing the sentences (D) and then share with the class.
Extension: try this great choral singing activity based on a video. "I will run to you" or try these lesson materials about Guinness World Records including a lesson based on my own treadmill running record and Runner's World article.
Student can also read these running related books and study the book vocabulary.
Add a Remark