This next year, I'll be setting up my own eTeaching system and doing online teacher training. Mostly out of interest and to see if I can do it. As part of that process, I'm presently setting up my own audio/video eteaching suite. And since I'm doing it for myself, I thought, "why not do it for everyone?". Technology has that benefit, once you do it for yourself, it costs little to share it.
So, I'd like to ask what you are looking for in an eteaching system. You know, I've tried them all. From basic skype to edufire, to dimdim, to wiziq to elluminate to scribblar to ...... They all have their limitations concerning privacy, cost, set up, and user experience. Most of all, reliability. They don't work as well or as sure as they should. I think teachers should have something that works - so I'm setting out on my own.
I'll be making available later this week, a nice demo. Best technology and it rivals adobe connectnow or HP rooms at a fraction of the cost. So my question, how much would you pay
(click to take the survey) for a video conferencing eteaching room that:
1) can hold up to 100 students
2) has file sharing that is instant.
3) audio/video capability of the highest clarity and response
4) full whiteboard capability
5) chat and private ongoing chat
6) simplicity - no sign up, no installs. Click and use.
7) make multiple rooms for each of your classes with a click.
8. fully secure and private, encrypted data transmission.
Any comments about your experiences appreciated. Stay tuned. All in the name of affordable education.