Funny Stories is a resource I created based on years of teaching English through the power of story retelling. Retelling is such an effective way to practice and practice language until it becomes natural. It's easy to do. Get a ppt and audio as well as the handouts.
1. Give each student a story. They read it alone, taking notes.
2. Put students in groups. Each student retells their story. Looking at the text only as much as is necessary.
3. Students rotate to different groups and retell their story again. Repeat to one more group, each person taking a turn to tell their story.
4. Students try to tell another's story when they go to the last group!
5. Ask a few good students, time permitting, to tell the favorite story they heard. Most students will have heard it and can "relive" the language as they go along.
This lesson works! It is also fun when done with funny stories! The repetition, as the students retell and retell the same story, makes for such strong language learning.
Enjoy these great, funny stories. But I'll share my favorite funny story (not included) - The Eyebrow Story. This is a classic for retelling....
Add a Remark