** Our Pop song ebook. Wow. Hundreds of print and go worksheets for songs. Also of course see our Lyrics Listening worksheet directory.
** A music appreciation lesson works so well and is so easy to do. Check out the worksheets and lesson here.
** This is a great, motivating idea - Best 2nd language singers ebook. Use hit songs by singers whose native language isn't English. They sing so well in English and will inspire your students.
** Project Peace has a new home and is inspiring. Why not make one with your class using a Peace Pack?
** Literal Versions of music videos help teach English and students have fun with them. Check them out.
** This Music A to Z quiz is wonderful. Highly recommend.
Here are a few teaching recipes and ideas off the top of my head for using a song with your students and class.
Teaching Recipes For Using Songs In Your Teaching
1. Students listen and order the lines of the song that have been mixed up.
2. Students listen and decide what kind of song it is – romantic? song with a message?
3. Students listen and select the best of 3 possible titles for the song.
4. Students listen and complete a copy of the lyrics with gaps.
5. Students find and underline examples of a particular grammar point in a song.
6. Students study two or three unfamiliar idioms from a song and try to work out what they mean.
7. Students listen and decide which one of three pictures best represents the song.
8. Students listen and answer True/ False or multi-choice questions.
9. Students rewrite the lyrics of a song, trying to fit their words to the melody.
10. Students listen and select the best of 3 one-sentence summaries of the song.
11. Students listen to confirm their predictions about the content of a song based on having looked at 5 key
vocabulary items listed by the teacher.
12. Students listen and answer comprehension questions about the song.
13. Students do a role play based on characters or a situation from the song.
14. Students sing the song together as the CD plays.
15. Students listen in order to identify and correct a wrong word in each line of the song.
16. Students are given a list of words from the song. They match together the words that rhyme, then listen
and complete a gap-fill of the lyrics using those words.
Add a Remark